This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Believe it or not you don’t have to be in a relationship to enjoy Valentine’s Day! There are plenty of ways everyone can enjoy this Hallmark holiday.

Spend it with someone you love…Whether it is with your best friends, family, or dog, do something nice! Go to a movie or maybe out to a delicious meal. Whatever you do, do it with those close to you. Valentine’s Day isn’t just for lovers, it’s for love!

Treat yourself…Go out and get a manicure or pedicure! Treat yourself to something nice like that top you’ve been eyeing or a great pair of shoes. You could pull all the stops and buy some chocolate, flowers, and wine for yourself too! 

Love yourself a little extra…Go for a jog (which might not be possible in New England right now) or attend a yoga class. Anythingthat gets you in touch with your inner self.

And after all, it’s February 14th. You know what that means.

Overall Valentine’s Day is just another normal day on the calendar, so don’t get too worked up over it! Enjoy, Collegiettes!

Photo Source: 1, 2, 3

Sarah Newcomb

U Mass Amherst

Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst