Getting Through Spring Break With the HC Survival Kit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

With spring break quickly approaching, Her Campus was kind enough to send a survival kit to get us in the right mood for a well-deserved vacation. The survival kits are always a huge highlight, and I was eagerly anticipating reviewing this year’s spring items! With seven marvelous products in this year’s array of goodies, all of which are easy to pack in any travel case or bag, the higher-ups at Her Campus certainly knew what to pack for us.

L’Oréal Sublime Bronzing Towelettes: How is it you only realize how pale you are when you’re on vacation? I’ve never tried any self-tanning products, and towelettes did not seem to be the best way to get a natural look. Thankfully, however, it worked quite well. Without adding an orange tint to my skin, there was a slight shimmer in the darker color that rubbed off from the towelette, which was a nice bonus. Perhaps if you aren’t going to a destination where you’ll become naturally tanned, or if you want to add another extra something to your skin when you get back, Sublime is right up your alley! 

Cystex Tablets: The last thing you want to be worried about during spring break is a UTI (urinary tract infection). Certainly no girl wants that getting in her way when she’s trying to enjoy herself. These little red tablets are meant to prevent an infection from setting in to begin with, but also provide pain relief. With 40 tablets, you won’t run out for a long time!

Charlotte Tilbury K.I.S.S.I.N.G Hot Lips Sample: To be honest, when I first opened this package, I had absolutely no idea how the product would work. Although the directions were rather simple, I didn’t have much faith that the color would even come off the plastic and onto my lips. I was pleasantly surprised, however, that just by pressing down on the previously outlined shape, the slighly-matte product came right off, and with a little rubbing of the lips, it evened out. Super convenient and a little glittery, Hot Lips can definitely come in handy in a jiffy!

Psssst! Instant Dry Shampoo: While you’re vacationing, you may be too busy to wash your hair as much as you should. Thankfully, Pssst! Instant Dry Shampoo, which is appropriately sized for air travel no less, is the ultimate advantage when you need a fresher look instantly. We’ve all been there. I’ve been dying to try a dry shampoo product ever since my friends began using them a few months ago, and this one did not disappoint! 

Erin Condren Deluxe Planner, Stickers and Dual-Tip Markers: As I’ve gotten more used to doing my daily work on my laptop, I’ve fallen from planner heaven and haven’t been back for a while. I was absolutely thrilled to receive an Erin Condren planner in the Survival Kit, as they go for up to $55 online. Accompanied with a lovely variety of stickers and dual-tip (thick and thin) markers, spring break is the perfect time to turn over a new leaf and get back into the hands-on planner business. Filled with classic inspiring quotes and room for excess note-taking, Condren’s planner is deluxe and perfect for a busy Collegiette. 

Pack all of these products in a carry-on, suitcase, duffel bag or purse, and your upcoming spring vacation will look bright, indeed!

All images courtesy of the author.

Rachel Walman

U Mass Amherst

Double major in English and Communications. Commonwealth Honors College Class of 2019.
Elizabeth Beanland

U Mass Amherst '18

Elizabeth is the editor-in-chief of Her Campus UMass Amherst. She is a journalism major with a French minor. Her passions include writing and editing, sustainability, style, living plant-based, and shopping vintage. Location-wise, she is partial to cities and anywhere on the West Coast. You can follow her Instagram @Bean._