Style > Beauty

Get Into Your Back To School Routine With These Garnier Products!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Getting back to school and back into a routine can be difficult, but these Garnier products are great to incorporate into your self-care routine. You can add these products into your hair, skincare, and makeup routine too! 

Garnier Whole Blends “Miracle Nectar” Repairing Leave-In

This product is for all hair types and provides 10-in-1 care to leave your hair feeling soft and silky. It smells fresh, sweet (because it has honey as one of its main ingredients), and will leave your hair smelling great! I applied this to my hair after I showered while it was still damp because it’s a weightless cream-gel texture. The package suggests you apply it “root to tip, focusing on the lengths and ends” of your hair. It helps to keep your hair moisturized, protect it against heat, tame frizz, reduce hair breakage, soften, and so much more! It’s a great product for curly hair (like mine) or any type of hair, and it’s paraben-free. 

Garnier Fructis Style “Shine and Hold” Liquid Pomade

I think this product might be intended for men’s use, but I tried it on my curly hair anyway because I normally apply the gel after putting in a leave-in conditioner. It smells great, similar to a men’s cologne is how I’d describe it. This one, in particular, is a “medium hold” and my hair already dried well with this product (without frizz and more defined curls). It’s easy to apply to your hair: all I did was applied a small amount to my hair and scrunch my curls toward the top of my head, and that’s it!

Garnier Skinactive Micellar Foaming Gel Cleanser

If you haven’t already made this change to your skincare routine, do it now! Micellar cleansers are such a game-changer when it comes to removing stubborn makeup. This one is a foaming cleanser that removes any lip, eye, or face makeup in just one wash. It is unscented for the most part, which is a quality I look for in my skin products. There’s no oil, alcohol, or fragrance in it! It’s made for all skin types (I have sensitive skin) and can be used both morning and night. It leaves your skin feeling fresh and clean, unlike many makeup remover wipes that can leave your face feeling oily after use. 

All images were taken by the author. 

Lyla Hyman

U Mass Amherst '21

Lyla is a senior at UMass Amherst. She is studying both Communication and Journalism and is currently a Senior Editor, Multimedia Director, and Twitter Coordinator for HC at UMass Amherst. When she is not busy working, she spends her time writing, singing, reading new books, walking outside, and making matcha lattes. She was born and raised in Boston, MA.
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst