Freshman Bucket List: A Guide to the Remainder of Spring 2014 at UMass

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

With Spring Break just around the corner, it is hard to ignore the rising temperatures, and for freshmen, the realization that end of our first year as college students is quickly approaching.

I don’t know about you guys, but I spent most of my first semester simply adjusting to college life. I now had more freedom and twice the amount of school work, yet there were no extra hours in the day. Before I knew it I was heading home for Thanksgiving, and had yet to fully immerse myself in UMass.

So before you lose the chance, get out and explore all that UMass, and Amherst in general, has to offer us!

Take a Saturday afternoon and head into Amherst. If there is nothing else to bring you there, their food joints should be enough.

Between High Horse, Antonio’s Pizza, Judie’s, and The Pub, there is something for every occasion, and each is equally delicious. If a meal is not in your plans, there are a couple frozen yogurt places: GoBerry and Froyo World located in town. There is also a Starbucks!

But if you’re one who would rather stay on campus, take advantage of the great events being put on by the university instead. Two of the biggest this spring are the Spring Concert and Workout on the Quad.

Every spring and fall the University Programming Council puts on a concert for the students of UMass and the 5 College Consortium held in the Mullins Center. It is a great way to see some great performances at the fraction of a normal concert’s cost! This semester, the performers are Slightly Stoopid, The Goo Goo Dolls, and Wale.

And the one event this spring you do NOT want to miss is Workout on the Quad sponsored by Self Magazine in collaboration with Her Campus! The event is an all-day workout bonanza. Get your best workout gear on, grab some friends, and head over for some amazing workout classes and freebies galore.

No matter what you’re interested in, there is something on or around campus just waiting for you to explore.

Happy Spring, Collegiettes!

Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst