etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Five Stages of Summer as Told by Kim Kardashian

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Not all parts of summer are created equal, and Kim Kardashian is here to explain these evolving stages to us in her classic way. 

1. Thank goodness school is over.

Finally it’s time to check the notebooks and pens for bikinis and tanning oil!

2. Oh wait… I have to work now.

And then you realize that unlike Kim K, you have no money and need to get back to working for less than minimum wage scooping ice cream.

3. But I’m still going to have fun. 

No matter how often you have to get those paychecks, you’re not going let anything get in the way of you and your summer. 

4. But why is it so hot…my contouring is going to melt. 

When the heat finally gets to you and your life is a constant battle of trying to look functional while every part of you is melting off.

And like…

5. Oh gawd back to reality. 

As the summer winds down you will most certainly be hit by the terrifying reality that it is over and you have to get back to the grind. At least it was fun while it lasted. 

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

I am a double major in political science and legal studies and am also seeking a certificate in public policy. I'm an avid reader and writer and am proud to be the event coordinator for my chapter! UMass Amherst Class of 2018
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst