burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Fill Your Shopping Void: Top 5 Websites to Shop While at School

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

There is nothing like going out on a Friday night in a brand new outfit. Part of feeling good is looking good, and having something new to wear is ALWAYS a good thing. But let’s face the facts; we’re all on a strict college budget. I’ll admit it, I am definitely guilty of online shopping during a boring lecture, or even in my down time. Finding time to get to a mall can be especially difficult, so having some go-to websites to shop from when you just want something new can’t hurt!

1. Forever 21

Forever 21 is one of those stores where you will almost always find something you like, especially online. Many say shopping in-store can be overwhelming and stressful because the store itself is so large. Shopping online can eliminate this stress. I have ordered multiple items while away at school, and have never returned one. Everyone knows Forever 21 is a cheap go-to for almost any girl with a range of body types.

“Cool Girl Corduroy Vest”: $27.80

2. Tobi

Tobi has become increasingly more popular over the last year or so.  They have an extremely wide range in types of clothing, for reasonable prices. Tobi is fashion forward, showing a variety of styles, colors, etc. When joining Tobi, your first purchase is 50% off and they constantly run sales on new merchandise. From the perfect “going out” dress, to a casual t-shirt, Tobi is definitely a go-to website.

“Cut it Out Dress”: $33

3. Ooh La La Boutiques

Ooh La La Boutiques are based in five locations around Long Island. They have however expanded online and ship anywhere! Ooh La La is extremely fashion-forward! There is something for women of all ages, body-types, and styles. Whether you’re looking for a good pair of boots, a comfy sweater for the fall, or just a reliable pair of jeans, Ooh La La Boutiques is definitely a must-shop. When joining the mailing list, there are often online sales you should watch out for! Customer service is among their biggest priorities so expect the best when you receive your shipment!

“Big Deal Taupe Studded Riding Boots”: $62.00

4. H&M

Finally, what girls all over the country have been waiting for!  H&M finally has online shopping. For me, H&M is always a go-to for something plain and simple, whether it is a dress or pair of jeans. It is perfect for those “closet essentials.” It is also particularly reasonable in pricing as well. Online shopping now seals the deal for H&M.

5. Nasty Gal

Nasty Gal is the perfect website for a girl who is more out there, outgoing, and willing to take fashion risks. They are definitely up-to-date on trends and update their website often. Although some of the pieces are pricier than those on other websites, you won’t be let down! The clothing is high quality and will be staples in your wardrobe. Nasty Gal is also good for great sales like “20 dresses for $20.” These deals are often fashion steals and come in handy while away at school.

These five websites will never let you down! If you ever feel like your closet needs a little update but you can’t find time to get to a mall, these are definitely go-to websites to shop from on a college girl’s budget!

Alana Alongi

U Mass Amherst

Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst