fashion illustration with sunglasses?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
fashion illustration with sunglasses?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Illustration by Sketchify in Canva
Style

Fashion Trends: As Seen in Fall 2020

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Let’s be honest, spending so much time inside has not contributed to my dreams of becoming a fashion icon. Though I will say, spending so much time on TikTok, Instagram, and Pinterest has sparked my creativity when it comes to fashion. Fall is only here for a short amount of time so I need to start popping off on the fashion before it gets too cold to even go outside! Here are some Fall trends to look out for this season: 

Sweater Vests

Thank you TikTok and Pinterest for bringing back the sweater vest. It seems like every other fashion inspo page has mentioned some kind of oversized, grandpa-like sweater vest, and while it’s controversial, I’m here for it! Layered with a cute shirt underneath, it makes the perfect layering piece for the fall! 

Oversized Blazers

Talk about a bad bleep moment! Oversized blazers are so in right now and are super easy to style. For a more casual and relaxed look, go pair it with a form-fitting top, jeans, and some sneaks. Also play around with different fabrics, textures, and colors! Be creative and really show off your personal style. 

Pleated Skirts 

This is easily one of my favorite summer to fall transition pieces! Pleated skirts are fun, flirty, and can be paired with almost anything. Whether it’s a crop top, a tucked-in crew neck, or a sweater vest, pleated skirts are giving me everything and more! They are also easily accessible via different online shops so no need to dig deep to find them. 

Leather

Whether it’s a pant, a blazer, a skirt, or literally any other piece of clothing – it’s definitely in style. Leather always makes a comeback around this time, but for some reason, this season the fashion gods have blessed us with the best of the best. I’m talking matte leather blazers and leather pants that actually make you look cool and trendy and not uncomfortable and out of place. 

Monochromatic

Saving the best for last, this has to be my personal favorite trend! Doing a head to toe monochromatic look Hailey Bieber style is my dream. This fall we’re especially seeing a big jump to beige and brown and anything in between. Throw on some pants, a top, and a jacket all in the same color family with some cool sneaks and you have yourself a pretty solid fall look! 

As always all of these trends mean nothing without your own personal style tied into it! I can’t wait to see what you all wear ;) 

Estela Suarez

U Mass Amherst '22

Estela is a senior at the University of Massachusetts. She is a communication major interested in social media and writing. She enjoys spending time with friends and family and spending time at the beach in her home-state of Florida.
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst