Gilmore Girls walking through Fall Festival
Warner Bros. Television

Fall Edition: My Top 5 Favorite Things to do in the Foxboro Area 

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Fall is one of my favorite seasons because I believe that it is such a great mix of all of the other seasons combined. The weather isn’t too cold, too warm, or too chilly. The temperature is just right because it usually ranges between 50 and 70 degrees Fahrenheit. You can dress in a variety of different ways and styles without having to worry too much about the weather. My birthday is also in October so that definitely adds to my love of fall. Here are some of my favorite things to do during the fall! 

Ward’s berry farm

I love going to Wards Berry Farm in Sharon, Massachusetts during the fall time. One of my fondest memories is taking a school field trip to Ward’s Berry Farm when I was in elementary school. I distinctly and vividly still remember the experience to this day because there is just something so magical about being there. You can explore the farm and fields on your own, pick your own fruit, berries, and pumpkins and even take group or private hay rides. There is also a local grocery store there which has really fresh ingredients that you can’t find in typical stores. They also have a sandwich and smoothie bar which is exceptional. 

manns pond

I love going to Manns Pond in Sharon, Massachusetts. This is a really small and cozy place which overlooks the water. The skies are really clear and the colors of the leaves on the trees are beautiful. There is a beautiful waterfall and a short walking trail. Manns Pond is perfect if you are looking for a nice and quiet space to unwind and relax. You can have a picnic, bring your friends, take in the sun, read, or just sit and ponder. 

view of Quabbin walking trail with mountains
Sophia Apteker
bORDERLAND STATE PARK

Borderland State Park is located in the towns of Sharon and Easton. It straddles the boundaries of the Norfolk and Bristol counties. There is a beautiful hiking trail and it features over twenty miles of hiking trails ranging from moderate to difficult. It is a perfect spot for walking, running, hiking, and fishing. The trail also has some beautiful waterfront views and waterfalls. There is also a historic mansion which was the estate of Blanche Ames, a multi-talented inventor who was involved in art, farming, engineering, and politics. 

BLUE HILLS

Blue Hills is another hiking and walking area. The Blue Hills reservation stretches over 7,000 acres from Quincy to Dedham, and Milton to Randolph. You can walk, hike, and even fish. Blue Hills is a bit more advanced and difficult compared to Borderland State Park as the hills are a lot more elevated.

friends girls hike sunset mountains adventure silhouette
Melody Ozdyck / Her Campus
BARNES AND NOBLE

Another one of my favorite things to do during the fall time is to go to the Barnes and Noble at the Walpole Mall. I love looking around at all the different books and then I usually settle down at the Starbucks which is located inside the store. I grab myself a nice and warm drink and I like to sit there and do some reading. There is just something so calm and serene about reading at a bookstore during the fall time. 

Overall, fall is such a beautiful time because it provides a very unique, relaxing, and serene experience!  

Sravani Kaza

U Mass Amherst '25

Hi! I'm Sravani and I'm a student at UMass Amherst. As a shy and soft spoken person, I have always turned to writing in order to express my thoughts and feelings regarding various topics. I joined Her Campus in order to pursue my passion of writing and to share my ideas and thoughts with the world!!