The Evolution of Fashion Choices On Campus As the Semester Struggles On

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Fashion is a major form of expression and lots of Collegiettes love to show off their personality through their individual style. Though sometimes, on a college campus, walking around all day (no matter what Mother Nature does to the weather…) can be difficult. As the semester goes on (and the days seem to get longer and the weather gets worse) there is a pattern that goes on—the downfall of (most of) our motivations to get ready. Here’s a glimpse of how the style of Collegiette typically evolves throughout the semester.

First week of school:

Everyone starts off the semester with the cutest outfits and the motivation level is at its peak. You have to hit this semester with a bang!

Third week:

Holy hotness, it’s NEVER this hot! Guess it’s time to pull out all the Nike shorts (comfy, but cute) you have!

Fifth week:

That weird period when it’s like Antarctica in the morning & really warm in the afternoon…

Ninth week:

FINALLY SWEATER-WEATHER!

Twelfth week:

Leggings. Leggings. Leggings. And more leggings.

Fifteenth week:

Rainy week…YAY (sarcasm)

Everyone always has at least one bad week during the course of the semester. Outfits like these are perfect for those weeks when you’re fed up with the weather (or just people in general)

Seventeenth week:

Towards the end of the semester, this is the go-to warm & comfy everyday staple.

And finally, the nineteenth week:

Finals. Week. Not. Ready. Not. Enough. Sleep. Too. Much. Cramming.

Photo sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20

Gif sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Kelly Capri

U Mass Amherst

I'm now a senior at UMass Amherst & started Her Campus my freshman year. I had just transferred from Clemson University in South Carolina and it allowed me to find friends immediately. HC also helped open myself up to a passion of mine - journalism and writing. Additionally, Her Campus helped me meet people who inspired me to get more involved on campus - which is why I joined Greek life as well as got a job for student activities and involvement. As sappy as it is, HC has changed my college experience in so many ways. Besides HC, I am a double major in journalism and biology, and work as a tour guide and for Student Activities & Involvement. I am the VP of Alumnae Relations of Sigma Kappa Beta Eta, involvement in a number of other organizations, and I love mozzarella sticks and Nutella (but not together!)
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst