This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Interior decor is something that I love doing, whether it’s my own bedroom or even just on Sims, I’m obsessed. If you are looking for some easy and affordable ways to enhance your home decor, look no further!

LED Light Strips

These are a great way to light up any room! You can even get ones that have a remote to change colors and dimness. There are so many styles and options on Amazon so that you can choose the perfect ones for your room.

Seasonally Scented Candles

You know that feeling when you walk into a room and it smells amazing? Have your guests think that every time they walk in your house! Seasonally scented candles are a great way to change the vibe of your home and appreciate the time of year.

Another tip: use empty glass candle containers as holders for other items such as jewelry, scrunchies, and coins!

Wall Hangings

Choose from thousands of different pictures or paintings for your wall and find the perfect one that works best for you! You can even create a collage on your wall filled with several small picture frames.

Salt Lamps

I have a salt lamp and I can guarantee that it’ll make the room ten times cozier. Plus, it even has scientific impacts of providing soothing effects, and you can change the brightness depending on your preference.

Clocks

I have this exact clock on my nightstand. I love the color it adds and the way it makes my bedroom look. If an alarm clock isn’t your vibe, try a wall clock instead!

Wall Mirrors

This can be decor that you save up for that will spice up any room and is a practical item too! There are so many options for a wall or standing mirror that can be a centerpiece for any wall.

Welcome Mats

This will add extra decor before you even step in the door. Have you and your guests enter your home feeling welcomed, or even laughing if a funny mat is more your style.

Throw Pillows and Blankets

Cozying up on a cold winter night? Sounds like a plan. Get some nice pillows and fuzzy blankets for those nights you just want to relax and also add some nice decor to a living space.

Get ready for this upcoming winter season with these new tips to redecorate and cozy up to every room in your house!

Elizabeth Mooney

U Mass Amherst '22

As a senior at UMass Amherst, Elizabeth Mooney is studying Community Education and Social Change and is so excited to be writing for HerCampus for her third year! She writes articles on lifestyle, relationships, and college life so check them out! Feel free to follow her Instagram: @lizmooney02
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst