Does Your Hook-Up Want More Than A Hook-Up?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Okay, Collegiettes, we all know that casual hook-ups are just part of the college culture. College is a time for meeting new people and experimenting, and there is nothing wrong with that! While being able to have a hot hook-up with no strings attached may sound like a good idea, there are often feelings that get involved. Though it is stereotypical behavior of girls to become more emotionally attached to men in hook-ups, many men do develop attachment. Here are 4 signs that your hook-up might be craving something more than a hook-up.

1.  He Texts You During the Day Just to See How You’re Doing

Often times, when guys are hooking up, they’ll send you a booty call text late at night or ask you, during the day, what your plans are for later. If your hook-up happens to send you frequent texts during the day just to say hi or ask how you are, it shows that he’s thinking about you and actually wants to know about how you are and what you’ve been up to.

2. He Asks You to Get a Meal

Hook-ups usually occur at night, so if your guy asks you if you want to get lunch or dinner, he’s genuinely interested in spending time with you outside of the bedroom. Hanging out in a public place means the two of you will be able to converse and connect on a more emotional level rather than just on a physical level.

3. Your Friends Have Met Him

Since hook-ups generally happen at nighttime and in privacy, if your guy has hung out with you during the day or has stayed long enough the next morning to meet your friends, he’s probably really into you. Guys who are just interested in hooking-up will not usually go out of their way to stay for chit-chat.

4. He Stays to Cuddle

Whether or not your hook-up stays over at your place for the whole night, if he makes an effort to cuddle with you after sex, he’s definitely feeling a spark.

If your hook-up is showing you these signs, think about whether you can see yourself in a relationship with him in the future. If all the signs are there, the only thing left to do is tell him how you feel! The ball is in your court.

Diana Weinstein

U Mass Amherst

Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst