Destination: Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

We’re only a few days out from a week full of sun, sand and happy hours. Spring Break is the one time during  the year where UMass kids can shed their New England skin and venture down south to take a break from mid semester stress.   For the ladies, one thing is on our mind: cute outfits! Here are a few simple beach beauty ideas that are not only affordable, but insanely adorable!

Bathing Suits
This is a MUST buy for spring breakers. A new bathing suit after working out twice a day and cutting the carbs for weeks is definitely an essential.

My go to place (and I’m sure many of yours) for bathing suits is Victoria’s Secret.  You can find the most stylish and sexy suits on victoriassecret.com.  However, some of the bathing suit sets can cost up to $100.  My new trick is to check out the sales/clearance items. You can find sets for as little as $19. Who cares if it’s one season behind? IT’S CHEAP!

Vitamin A Swimwear
by Amahlia Stevens is my favorite bathing suit designer. Her effortless SoCal chic style with a 70′s retro influence, make her suits flawless, simple and sexy.  If only it worked with a college girls budget…SOLUTION! Introducing the Vitamin A: Silver Collection.  This collection is a bit sportier with more pops of bold colors, graphic prints, ruffles and reversible tops.  This collection is the more economically friendly of Amhalia Steven’s two collections.  The Silver line can save you around $50 compared to the Vitamins A: Amhalia Steven’s collection. Check out both collections and many other bathing suits at dianesbeachwear.com.

Dresses:
Bright-fresh pastels are this springs hottest hues- especially when it comes to spring break fashion. Try a coral maxi dress, minty green button down dress or an oversized floral number from Tobi.com. Most pieces are under $50!

Button Down Dress in Green Mint- $34                                  

Maxi’d Out Halter Dress in Coral- $57      

Dahlia Floral Dress $30                                                                          

Accessories:

An oversized clutch or cross body bag is the perfect way to accent any look whether it’s a pastel dress or shorts and a chiffon. ASOS.com-an online fashion retailer out of the UK offers amazing in season clothing, shoes and accessories for half the price of places like Express and Guess, and MUCH better quality then Forever 21. Check out their cross body bag. This adorable accessory could pass as a Chanel bag from afar and is a fraction of the cost.  This Seasons big accessory is the oversized clutch. This sheer nude clutch is a great way to jazz up any spring ensemble. Many types of oversized clutches are available at ASOS. Here are a few that could be the perfect addition to your spring break wardrobe.

ASOS Nude Qulited Lock Across Body Bag- $26.86

ASOS Metal Bar Detail Envelope Clutch $32.23