Deals Collegiettes Should Know About

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

As a college student, it’s hard not to burn a hole in your pocket when you do have money. To combat this problem, most students get some form of a part time job while in school. However, if you don’t have the time or convenient transportation for work, it’s time to start searching for deals.
Hidden everywhere are little freebies, samples, coupons, and steals that can make getting what you want a lot easier.

The obvious choices would be to browse eBay or Amazon, but finding those shoes for $20.00 along with free shipping can often be unrealistic. But getting $30 worth of clothing and only pay $15, now that’s a real deal.

There are various websites and hidden perks for subscribing that students don’t know about. Here are a few ways to steal those deals:

• New York Times and Barnes & Noble teamed up to make an offer that’s hard to refuse. If you sign up with New York Times for a year at $19.99, you’ll receive a free NOOK Touch. The catch is that you have to stick out the subscription for an entire year. After that, feel free to cancel anytime.
  •  Trubates, kgbdeals, and CollegeBudget Deals find deals in your local area, nearest city, and around your college town. Once you sign up and type in your zip code, it will show you deals ranging from discount clothing to vacation packages at a steal. The deals are continuously updated so a new one pops up almost every day. As a bonus, some websites give you a credit to their website for inviting a certain number of your friends.

• Start following deals on Twitter for coupons, samples, and freebies. Here’s a list of Tweets you should start following now:
  • @amazingdeals
  • @womanfreebies
  •  @heyitsfree
  •   @coupontobedebtfree
  •   @myfreedeals
  •   @stylesteal
  •  @fabulousonabudget
  •  @freakingfree
  • @Tfreebies
  •  @fatmoneypig
  • @budgetbabe
  • @frugalytics
  • @freesamplefreak

Stretch your dollar using these three tips the next time you shop. Use these over spring break as well to find
good dining and lounge deals in your area. Not only will you be able to have a good time with your friends, but you’ll also be able to afford it.