Complete Your Holiday Playlist with These New Songs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

With the holidays right around the corner, it’s important to get your playlist up to date with the newest music. Here’s some new music you should defintely check out!

1. Like It’s Christmas – The Jonas Brothers

The Jonas Brothers and Christmas? I can’t think of a better combination! This new release from them is the perfect mix between that classic Jonas Brothers sound and Christmas cheer. If that sounds like your jam, I would certainly give this song a listen!

Jonas Brothers
Giphy

2. Make It To Christmas – Alessia Cara

Alessia has such a nice tone to her voice, which really shows the emotion in this song about a relationship struggling during the holiday season. It makes for such a relatable song that would make the perfect addition to any holiday playlist.

3. Baby It’s Cold Outside – John Legend and Kelly Clarkson

A slowed down, jazzy, updated rendition of a holiday classic! The newly revised lyrics were definitely written perfectly for this generation, and both Kelly and John’s voices together are perfect for this holiday duet!

4. Christmas: A Season of Love – Idina Menzel

Christmas music from a musical theater legend? That’s automatically a yes from me. Idina’s new album is filled with her renditions of classics as well as a few new originals. It also includes collaborations from people like Ariana Grande, Josh Gad, and Billy Porter. With such a wide variety of songs on the album, there’s bound to be something for everyone!

5. Christmas & Chill – Ariana Grande

I admit I am kind of cheating here, since Ariana actually released this EP in 2015. However after performing a medley of the songs in New York to kick off the last leg of her Sweetener World Tour, the album gained traction from the general public causing it to hit chart #3 on iTunes. This EP is not your typical Christmas album (although she does have one called Christmas Kisses if that’s more your thing), but the name of album explains it’s vibe perfectly. This is more of a Christmas album you can get down and dance to while also having very playful and fun sound. If you want something a bit different to listen to and haven’t heard this yet, give it a try!

Ariana Blow Kiss
Giphy

6. The Best of Pentatonix Christmas – Pentatonix

Pentatonix’s Christmas albums have become instant classics for many over the years, so this year they combined all there best songs onto one album. The collection makes a beautiful holiday masterpiece for young and old. In fact, with all the Christmas albums they’ve released over the years you could already make one lengthly playlist! But out of all their albums, this one will give you the best selection of holiday hits.

Hopefully these suggestions give you a good idea of some songs to add to your holiday playlist and help make your season more merry and bright!

Julia graduated from UMass with a degree in Marketing from the Isenberg School of Management and loves writing articles about lifestyle, entertainment, beauty, and fashion!
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst