A Collegiette’s Guide to Super Bowl Sunday

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

One of my favorite times of the year is finally here! It doesn’t get any better than watching football, attending parties, seeing the great commercials and of course all the delicious football food! With Super Bowl Sunday tonight, it may get confusing as to what exactly is going on. This guide will help you be ready for tonight!

WHEN

Super Bowl XLVIII is TONIGHT at 6:30 on FOX.

WHO

This year the two teams that have made it to the Super Bowl are the:

Seattle Seahawks (15-3 overall)

Denver Broncos (15-3 overall)

Both teams were the best of their conference this year, with the Broncos being number one in the NFL for offense and the Seahawks number one for defense.  The two quarterbacks, Russell Wilson of the Seahawks and Peyton Manning of the Broncos will have a true face-off.

WHERE

MetLife Stadium

MetLife Stadium is home to both the New York Giants and the New York Jets. Located in East Rutherford, New Jersey (despite popular belief that it is in New York). It is the only stadium in the National Football League (NFL) that hosts two teams to one stadium. What’s really cool about this Super Bowl is that this is the first time in years that a Super Bowl is being held in a non-dome setting.  This means that sunshine, rain, or snow, the team will play.  Unless of course there is a blizzard, in which case there is a backup plan for another day.

BEST PART

The half-time performances this year are Bruno Mars and the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

The Super Bowl commercials, and of course, the football and the parties!

Who are you cheering on tonight, Collegiettes?

Emily Jette

U Mass Amherst

Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst