This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Fan edits and fan accounts have started to sprout on TikTok, and now it feels as if my whole For You Page is being engulfed by them. Through these fun fan edits, I have unlocked new celebrity crushes I never even knew I had. I don’t even watch Marvel movies that much, but suddenly Chris Evans has become a staple whenever I start to scroll. (And once you start scrolling, it’s hard to stop.) Here are my five new celebrity TikTok crushes that I never knew I had.

Coming in at number 5: Adam Driver. If I’m going to be honest, I have only seen him in one movie and I don’t even remember it all too well which is kind of embarrassing to admit. But from all of the TikToks that show up on my FYP, I couldn’t help but develop a bit of a crush. This is a budding crush though.

At number 4: Chris Evans. I think it’s safe to say that Chris Evans is the definition of hot and nice. His interviews are always so great, and he seems like the life of the party. Also, have you ever seen the way he is with his dog, Dodger? Arguably one of the best representations of an owner and dog looking the same. And a follow up question: have you seen him act? His skills are incredible, and I do have a soft spot for him as we both grew up in the Boston area, so it is kind of biased.

At number 3: Draco Malfoy. Technically, this is just a character, but I can’t be the only one that was on Draco TikToks for a good two weeks. The fan edits that were created made me fall in love with him even more. Not to mention the ones Cedric was also in (but Robert Pattinson doesn’t count for this list as my celebrity crush on him developed way before TikTok). 

Slytherin, harry potter, robe with tie
Photo by Rhii Photography from Unsplash
At number 2, we have the lovely Tom Holland. If I’m going to be honest, I never knew he was British until TikTok and I think I love his dog more than him, but Tom Holland is someone I never really understood the hype about until TikTok. After seeing interview clips of him, and hearing his accent I couldn’t help but swoon a little. Like Chris Evans, his connection with his dog is so just too pure not to fall in love. Also, those pictures of him golfing really helped seal the deal for me.

Finally, last but not least (and if you know me this won’t come as a surprise): Timothée Chalamet. I don’t even know where to begin. Like Tom, I never got the hype, and when he was trending on TikTok in June 2020, I didn’t get it either. But recently, at the end of 2020, I started to fall in love. I watched one movie with him, and next thing I knew, my whole FYP was flooded with fan edits, interviews, and just his quirky moments. In all honesty, I could write a whole article on just Chalamet if I wanted to. His acting is amazing and every role he plays is a 10/10 in my book. His humbleness as an actor also sets him apart from others his age, and the way his career has come so far in a couple of years is very impressive. So, thank you, TikTok, for introducing me to my biggest celebrity crush. (Big enough that I got a candle for my birthday that apparently smells like him.)

Timothee Chalamet
Photo by NBC/Youtube
Thank you, TikTok, for unlocking all of these for me!

Sofi Shlepakov

U Mass Amherst '23

Sofi is a second year student at UMass Amherst double majoring in Economics and Journalism while working towards a certificate in Media Literacy. In her free time Sofi loves to read, workout, and watch movies.
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst