Campus Cutie: Brooke Alnwick

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Name: Brooke Alnwick

Age: 21

Year: Senior

Hometown: Groton, MA

Major: Pre-Vet/Animal Science

Relationship Status: Single

HC: How would you describe yourself in three words?

BA: Awkward, driven, and outgoing 

HC: What are you involved in at UMass?

BA: Mostly just things that involve playing with animals, which is pretty awesome. I work with dairy calves off campus and our UMass Belted Galloway cows. The farms are definitely my go to escape when I’m stressed out or need a break from everything. I’ve found that a baby cow can cure almost any bad mood. I also run a peer mentor group for the Animal Science department which is a really fun way to get to know a lot of people in my major.

HC: What are some of your hobbies?

BA: Besides playing with animals? I love to ride horses. I’ve been riding since I was really little. I also love to play the piano and sing in the car.

HC: Who’s your favorite superhero, and why?

BA: Well, I don’t know much about superheroes, but probably Batman because the Batmobile is pretty cool.

HC: How would you describe your ideal date?

BA: Anything with coffee, animals, or ice cream. Bonus points if all three are involved!

HC: What’s your favorite movie quote?

BA: There are too many to choose from! I quote “if you ain’t first you’re last” a lot and love almost anything Fat Amy says in Pitch Perfect (1 or 2).  

HC: What’s your biggest turn on/off?

BA: I think the biggest turn on is when guys pick up on little things like favorite songs, how you drink your coffee, etc. I feel like it shows they’re paying attention. I’m not really sure what the biggest turn off is.

HC: Where would you go in a time travel machine? Would you stay?

BA: I wouldn’t go. There are too many movies about messing with time and I just know I’d mess something up big time!

All photos courtesy of Brooke Alnwick.

Jill Kuzeja

U Mass Amherst

UMass senior, equestrian, and lover of all things Disney.
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst