Campus Celebrity: Jennifer Lee Felix (President of Soul TV)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

This week’s Campus Celebrity is Senior and President of Soul TV, Jennifer Lee Felix!

Alexa: So, what is Soul TV?

Jennifer: Soul TV is a multicultural student organization founded in 1996, the mission of Soul TV is to provide opportunities and access for students interested in live performances, the visual arts, and mass media (including television, print, radio and public relations). We seek to inform, engage, and inspire all students to explore the arts through various forms of media outlets.

Alexa: Can you tell us about the fashion show you are planning?

Jennifer: This year the Soul TV’s Fashion Show is called “Haus of Pop: A Multicultural Exploration of Pop Art Through Fashion,” is based on the artist genre of Pop Art.  We plan on looking at pop through a multicultural lens by connecting various cultural influences within the fashion show. It’s exciting, it has never been done before and we are excited about this production. We are implementing so many pop art influences. I would tell you more but you have to come to the show on April 11, 2014 at 8pm in Campus Center Auditorium and be amazed!

Alexa: Are you involved in anything else on campus?

Jennifer: Yes I am. I work as a Community Relations Assistant for the Center for Multicultural Advancement and Student Success (CMASS), I intern with Student Activities and Involvement, I am on the Executive Board for the Black Mass Communications Project (BMCP), and I also sit on the Hearing Board in the Dean of Students Office. I know it sounds like a lot, but I get bored very easily and I need things to occupy my time, and keep me motivated and active!

Alexa: What is your involvement with Fashion Week?

Jennifer: I have been fortunate enough to work with fashion week for three seasons; I have worked shows like Michael Kors, DVF (my fave), Anna Sui, Carolina Herrera (my fave) and several others. It has been an eye opening, rewarding, and fun learning experience. 

Alexa: Do you have any interesting stories from Fashion Week?

Jennifer: Yes, Carolina Herrera is my favorite designer, and last winter I worked her show, and the producers were running through the models walks, and out walks Ms. Herrera herself, I was so shocked! (I never get star struck) but this time I did, she walked past me and I almost fainted!!! Later on I met one of the attendee of her show, and in conversation I told this women that Carolina Herrera was my favorite designer, when the show was over, the last women (whom I previously met) pulled me aside, asked me for my number, saying she will text me a surprise. When I checked my phone I saw it! An up close picture of Carolina Herrera!!! I squealed! I couldn’t believe it, that was by far the best experience.

Alexa: What do you hope to do after you graduate?

Jennifer: I really hope to get into Creative Direction, I am really into PR, consulting, and branding. I am currently looking for a career in Fashion Public relations. Hopefully in two years I can go to grad school for an MBA in Luxury Branding, and work as a brand ambassador for high-end brands like Carolina Herrera (lol).

Alexa Harrison

U Mass Amherst

Alexa Harrison is the President and Editor in Chief of Her Campus UMass Amherst as well as a Management Intern at the Her Campus Media headquarters. She is a Senior English major and IT minor with a specialization in Nonfiction Writing. In her free time, Alexa enjoys going to museums; drinking iced green tea; and playing around with Adobe Creative Suite.