Bottoms Up, Collegiettes: 5 Delicious Valentine’s Day-Themed Drinks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Whether you’re on your own this Valentine’s Day or with a sweetheart, it’s time to celebrate! With tons of local social scenes, we know you Collegiettes™ will be out on the town rocking that new LBD (little-black-dress), and we have the perfect little something to spice up the night – Valentine’s-themed drinks! Check ’em out and be prepared to have a new romance blossom…with your taste buds!

1. Girls Night Out

For those single Collegiettes™ ready to hit the town with the girls (who needs guys?), this drink is perfect! Sweet and girly, it’s a delicious little cocktail to kick off the night!

Made with:

•             1 oz. peach schnapps
  •             1 oz. cranberry schnapps
  •             1 oz. lime schnapps
  •             8 oz. lemonade
  •             1 oz. grenadine syrup

2. Cranberry Kiss

A romantic alternative for the classic cranberry vodka, the cranberry kiss packs a little punch and mixes things up!

Made with:

•             ¾ oz. Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum
  •             2 oz. collins mix
  •             2 oz. cranberry juice
  •             1 lemon wedge (optional)

3. Flirtini

Get your flirt on with this drink made famous in the show Sex and the City, and bring a little tropical twist to your February!

Made with:

•             3 oz. champagne
  •             ½ oz. vodka
  •             ½ oz. orange liqueur
  •             1 oz. pineapple juice

4. German Chocolate Martini

Everyone knows Valentine’s Day is for eating chocolate…so why not be able to drink it too? This drink not only satisfies your chocolate craving, but the passion fruit and cherry flavor keep it fruity! Add a little chocolate syrup around the rim and chocolate shavings for even more deliciousness!

Made with:

•             ½ oz. Godiva Original Liqueur
  •             ½ oz. Captain Morgan Parrot Bay Coconut Rum
  •             ½ oz. Smirnoff Black Cherry Vodka
  •             ¼ oz. chocolate shavings (optional)

5. Cupid’s Kiss

Finally – the Holy Grail of the V-Day drinks: Cupid’s Kiss. There are a few variations of this drink, but our favorite is a more simple recipe, and is the perfect drink for you or your honey on the big day! Add a little red colored sugar around the rim for some cute decoration and put them out for the girls or a romantic dinner!

Made with:

•             ½ oz. Smirnoff Vanilla Twist
  •             ½ oz. Godiva White Chocolate Liqueur
  •             ½ oz. Chambord Raspberry Liqueur

Try out some (or all) of these drinks this Valentine’s Day Collegiettes™, and enjoy the day!

Photo Source: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Krystiana Prescott

U Mass Amherst

Krystiana is an English major at the University of Massachusetts Amherst with a minor in Education. She hopes to teach later on in her life, but is excited to follow her passion of writing with the Her Campus team!
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst