Best Starbucks Drinks According to UMass Her Campus Members

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

One of my all-time favorite things about Her Campus, aside from the actual articles, is the group chat (or should I say group chats). With sections devoted to various topics of interest (read: Wellness, Media, Podcasts, and even Bachelor), the chats are constantly buzzing with conversation. Members offer meeting reminders, article inspiration, Trader Joe’s recommendations. It seems a common thread however, for pictures of coffee orders, Starbucks or otherwise, to surface in the chats, prompting waves of drink recommendations and reviews. This is ultimately what inspired this article and lead to me asking my chapter members to share some of their all-time favorite drinks with me. Here’s what they said: 

Double-shot Espresso on ice. 

Danielle Efrat, our media coordinator, says this shaken espresso drink is her go-to: “It’s pretty strong, which I really like. I’m less of a sweet coffee person [so this] tastes BOMB.” 

Dirty Iced Chai 

This chai latte adds an espresso shot to make it “dirty.” “I love it because chai tastes different everywhere but is always good. It has a lot of flavor with the kick of iced coffee, but with a twist!” Arete Giannetti, our chapter secretary, says. 

Green Tea Matcha Latte with coconut milk

Our very own Editor in Chief’s offers up a noncoffee order. Ashley Guertin says hot OR iced is amazing. Is it terrible to say I’ve never tried matcha?!

Iced White Mocha with Sweet Cream cold foam and strawberry puree 

Rachel Dionisio’s favorite is this snazzy sweet drink. “It tastes like a strawberry shortcake on top and ombre’s into a warm brown color on the bottom. The coffee portion isn’t too bitter and [the drink] is very yummy and creamy.” Be sure to ask for the strawberry puree to be mixed in with the cold foam! 

Iced chocolate almond milk shaken espresso. 

From Anna Belle Murray, this bad boy “tastes a bit like a fancy chocolate milk but with a ton of dimension in the flavor. It almost has a cinnamon butter type taste to it but balances it well with the chocolate malt and bitter espresso. The espresso in it will power you through the day!”

Strawberry Acai Lemonade Refresher

Caroline Roscoe finishes us off with a classic. “It tastes amazing and is the perfect drink for the summer. I also hate the taste of coffee but their refreshers actually have caffeine in them so I get the best of both worlds.” Don’t worry, Caroline, the coffee lovers of this chapter forgive you. 

What are your favorite drinks? This article was an absolute blast to write. I have so many new drink recommendations and I hope you do too. BRB, getting a coffee… Starbucks, we love you! 

Abigail Grimm

U Mass Amherst '24

Abby, Events Director of HC UMass Amherst, is a current junior honors student studying public health and health policy. Besides HerCampus, she spends time exercising, outside on her bike or with her dogs (especially in her home state, Vermont), playing music, and drinking absurd amounts of coffee. Find her on instagram at https://www.instagram.com/abby_324/
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst