This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

At last, the semester is coming to an end. After a very long and stressful fall, I know the only thing on my to do list for the next few weeks is to binge watch TV shows and nap. There’s nothing better than curling up in bed, shutting the curtains, and dedicating some time to a worthy TV show. Whether you like comedy, drama, reality TV, or mysteries; I promise there is something on this list for you. Here are some of my favorite shows, in no particular order!

Schitt’s Creek 

Starting off strong, Schitt’s Creek is one of my all time favorites at the moment. I had not given it a chance when it first started trending, but my roommate and I have binge watched the entire show over the past month and I’m obsessed. This show is witty and full of sarcasm. As you get a sneak peak into the life of the Rose family, you will learn about love, friendship, and greed. 

The Queen’s Gambit

I started watching The Queen’s Gambit right after it came out, and I finished it that same day! This show is a must see. It tells the story of a young orphan named Beth Harmon, who finds herself falling in love with the strategic game of chess. This show is a compelling drama that will make you laugh, cry, and maybe even take up chess in your spare time!

Love is Blind

If you’re a sucker for dating shows, then you’ll love this one. Love is Blind proposes an experiment to test if you can fall in love without ever seeing the person face to face. This reality TV show is great for a quick entertaining watch.

New Girl 

This one is a little bit of an older trend, but nonetheless is still one of my favorite shows. New Girl is a hilarious story of a woman named Jess who moves into an apartment with a group of guys, who slowly become her dysfunctional family. This show takes you on a long journey through midlife crises, relationship drama, and everything in between. 

Sharp Objects

Sharp Objects is a great series for someone who likes mystery and crime. This show depicts a small town that has a lot of dark secrets. When a young girl is murdered, the whole town tries to decide who’s done it. With a lie around every corner, this show will keep your attention on the screen for days. 

Little Fires Everywhere

Little Fires Everywhere came out earlier this year, but if you haven’t watched it yet then you need to. Starring Reese Witherspoon and Kerry Washington as polar opposite main characters, this series shows what happens when a small cookie cutter neighborhood in Ohio is disrupted. This show tells a heavy story with lots of powerful messages and is a must see.

Gilmore Girls

A classic TV series based on a mother-daughter relationship like no other. This is the story of Rory Gilmore and her best friend, who just so happens to be her mom. I cannot count the number of times I have rewatched this show to watch Rory grow up and experience life in the lovely Stars Hollow. 

Put some time aside to allow yourself to rest and recuperate for next semester by binge watching some of my favorite TV series from 2020. I promise they will not disappoint!

All Images Courtesy of HC Media Library 

Abbey LeClair

U Mass Amherst '22

Abbey LeClair is a senior at the University of Massachusetts - Amherst, majoring in Psychology on the Neuroscience track. She loves to spend her time hanging out with friends, listening to music, and dancing for the UMass Dance Club. Feel free to follow her on Instagram: @abbeyleclair
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst