Trader Joe\'S Reusable Bag
Trader Joe\'S Reusable Bag
Jocelyn Hsu / Spoon

The Best Gluten Free Products at Trader Joes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

If you struggle with finding gluten-free options just like me, this is for YOU! I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease at the beginning of my freshman year of high school. Transitioning from eating anything to basically nothing was extremely difficult for me. Over the years, I’ve tried so many gluten-free products…some bad…some good. One place in certain that was so easy to find gluten-free options is Trader Joe’s! Another hard part about being Celiac is that foods that are gluten-free cost a bit more, but at TJ’s, that’s not the case!! The prices are totally fair for the quality and I prefer to shop here over anywhere else for my food! 

Balsamic Grilled Chicken

There are days that I only go to Trader Joes to get this specific Item. This is the most flavorful chicken I’ve ever had. It has great sources of Protein and is not high in calories. I normally pair it with some Banza rice, pasta, or brown rice.

Gluten-Free Brioche Bread

close-up of sliced loaf of bread on oval wooden plate
Photo by Marta Dzedyshko from Pexels

THIS IS THE BEST GLUTEN FREE BREAD OUT THERE. I have tried so many types of gluten-free bread and some have not been the best. Recently, I found this bread and it is so doughy and yummy. It’s best with Avocado toast and grilled cheeses!

Gluten Free Joe-Joe’s

Oreo
Torey Walsh / Spoon

Gluten-Free Joe-Joe’s are just like Oreos… except BETTER. Recently, Oreo came out with Gluten Free Oreos, which are amazing. However, I prefer the Gluten-Free Joe-Joe’s instead. They are crispy and are a great treat if you’re craving something sweet.

Organic Coconut Smoothie

Coconuts and Coconut with sugar
Photo by Tijana Drndarski from Pexels

I drink these Organic Coconut Smoothies every single morning. I wish they came out with a big huge bottle. They are great to add into smoothies instead of your choice of milk. They have a great consistency and are delicious.

Chocolate Chip Brownie Mix

Unsplash

I feel like every single item on this list is my favorite, but this gluten-free brownie mix is ELITE. Most of the time, gluten-free brownie mixes taste the same as regular brownies, but this mix is the perfect amount of fudgy and is crispy on top. They’re addicting and I can’t buy this mix that much or else I will eat the whole entire thing!

Non-Dairy Mint Chocolate Chip Bon Bon’s

Over winter break this year, I became Dairy-free for a little while to give myself a cleanse. Trader Joe’s came out with these awesome dairy-free bon bon’s that taste just like mint chip ice cream. Sadly, they are seasonal and hopefully will come back next year because they are so awesome!!

Brown Rice and Quinoa Pasta

The Brown Rice and Quinoa Pasta are awesome. It has the texture of regular pasta and you can pair it with your favorite sauce or even the balsamic chicken! A great stable to have in your kitchen.

Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pancake & Waffle Mix

Pancakes
Christin Urso / Spoon

OMG. My favorite Pancakes to ever exist. Around the fall season, Trader Joe’s comes out with so many seasonal pumpkin-flavored products. Luckily, they also give gluten-free options. The pancakes I make with this mix are addicting and come out just like regular pancakes, fluffy and airy. 

Even if you aren’t gluten-free, go out and try some of these products. You would be surprised at how much they taste like regular food!

Hi! I'm a Junior Communications major at University of Massachusetts Amherst. I love writing especially personal articles that others can relate to!
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst