DISCLAIMER: I’m not a spokesperson for Shelburne Falls Coffee Roasters, I just work at the Hadley branch :)
Ok let’s be honest here: after living in Amherst for almost three years, I could have made this list based off my frequent trips to Shelburne Falls Coffee Roasters even BEFORE I was an employee. But! My status change from customer to brewer has given me the inside scoop into all the best tips and tricks that maximize the delicious drink and food menu at the cute coffee joint.
Here are my absolute favorite drinks and snacks from Shelburne Falls as a new employee :)
- Sugar Maple Nut Cold Brew WITH Maple Syrup
- So here’s the tea: we brew a variety of cold brews that each have their own delicious flavors. My personal favorite has to be the Sugar Maple Nut Cold Brew. It is slightly nutty with just the right amount of sweetness, but because I have a major sweet tooth, I discovered that adding a few pumps of maple syrup adds an extra oomph. I also add milk, but you could totally go without if you like it black!
- Maple Bonfire Latte WITHOUT the Smoked Salt
- I have to give my manager Luna a shoutout for this one because she recommended trying the latte without the salt. Typically, we make this drink with maple and rosemary syrup and top it off with applewood smoked salt. Now, as a person who doesn’t normally like rosemary, I was happily surprised by how pleasant the flavor combination was! I think the salt definitely adds this smoky campfire flavor, but without it, the maple and rosemary really shine. I recommend trying it both ways and deciding what works best for you.
- Sunrise Smoothie
- I had this smoothie on my first day and I genuinely cannot emphasize how good it is. The base ingredients are strawberry, banana, and orange juice, and they add this vanilla smoothie powder that ties it all together. This one is particularly good for a morning snack.
- Pumpkin Cream Cold Crew
- I HAD to include this seasonal drink because it truly is the essence of fall. Our homemade pumpkin cream is mixed with our pumpkin spice cold brew and is topped off with whipped cream and autumn spices. Dare I say this is a level above the classic pumpkin spice latte?
- Caramel Latte
- This drink was my go-to latte for any coffee house I went to, but I think Shelburne Falls takes the cake. I feel like caramel drinks are often too sweet or too artificial tasting, but there is something different about the caramel we use in the shop. It has the perfect amount of sweetness while still tasting rich and not fake. This drink slaps in both the hot and iced form.
- The Buckland on a Plain Bagel
- THIS SANDWICH>>>>> A plain bagel topped with egg, cheddar cheese, sausage AND maple syrup. Trust me, the sweetness of the syrup makes this sandwich absolutely mouthwatering. I am usually an advocate for the everything bagel, but I think using a plain bagel really makes the other ingredients shine. I often make this to eat on my breaks at work. It revives me from the morning rush!
- Chocolate Croissant
- The Shelburne Falls Coffee Roasters bakery is constantly serving absolute looks when it comes to pastries. I love anything chocolate, and these croissants are always flaky and never hollow.
- Classic Grilled Cheese
- Anyone who knows me knows that I absolutely love grilled cheeses. This sandwich is always a treat when I get to have it. It’s made on this French country bread that gets nice and crispy on the edges. I highly recommend it to the cheese lovers out there.
- Pumpkin Bread
- Again, it would be criminal to not include some fall food in the middle of October. I am a huge pumpkin fan, and this bread satiates my fall flavoring cravings. It is super moist and I love the crumble that they put on top. One day I would like to snag the recipe for this :)
- Everything Bagel with Garlic and Chive Cream Cheese
- Oh yes, we MAKE our own flavored cream cheese and this combo is deadly. The garlic of the cream cheese just enhances the everything bagel seasoning. These two were meant to be eaten together. Do yourself a favor and give it a try one morning.
I hope to see you around the shop! Happy tasting!
P.S. Shoutout to all my coworkers for being so lovely and welcoming, its a treat to be working with you all <3