American Horror Story is Back

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Wednesday nights are about to get that much better. And sleeping will be that much harder. American Horror Story is back for a fourth season called Freak Show and you should be excited. From having a twisted Asylum theme season two to the totally bad a$$ and downright scary Coven season three, Freak Show shall not disappoint. This show is not recommended for the faint of heart, but for the returning viewers, I know there is a sense of pleasure that comes from the thrill of being scared. Be aware that some of the clips included are pretty scary but brilliant nonetheless.

So according to the FX website, this season takes place in the year 1952 in a low-key town called Jupiter in Florida. It follows the story of a “troupe of curiosities” that come to town during the time of a dark entity threatening the lives of the townspeople and the freaks. The season follows their journey and desperation for survival “amidst the dying world of the American carny experience.” 

Sounds powerful no? Well if those words weren’t enough for you, the cast is full of familiar faces like the oh so fabulous Jessica Lange and heart throb Evan Peters. And fresher faces from season three’s Coven like Emma Roberts and Angela Bassett are also returning. There’ll be a wide range of freaks ranging from The Bearded Lady to a double headed lady.

And if that still isn’t enough to get you excited then check out these beautifully terrifying teasers and more information on the FX website here .

and…

and…

and…

Plus tune in on Wednesday, October 8th at 10 p.m for the season premiere. 

Sophmore Journalism major at UMass Amherst. Member of the Not Ready For Bed Time Players theater troupe. I love eating, watching movies, and having fun.
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst