All You Need is Love and Homemade Treats This Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Let’s get creative for Valentine’s Day 2014! Forget last minute heart boxes of chocolate and stuffed teddy bears that say ‘xoxo,’ because homemade is always in. Treat yourself if you’re single or your significant other to sweet deliciousness with these easy desserts!

Sugar cookies are timeless and these are so easy to make! Year after year these two letters are seen on Valentine’s Day together but never have they tasted so sweet! Make me.

Who doesn’t love cake? Personalize it with all of their favorites: sprinkles, chocolate flavors to dip, and cake flavors to make sure your sweetie says “I love you so much!” Make me.

Valentine’s Day is the only day you can make anything into a heart so let’s take advantage! Honestly Collegiettes all of our Moms’ have made chocolate chip cookies hundreds of times – now it’s our turn to try. Make me.

Who says gingerbread cookies are only for Christmas? These will surely get a laugh out of your loved one for the creativity and red velvet all year round is delicious. Make me.

These little sweets are for the kitchen savvy or those baking enthusiasts out there because these are a bit more difficult. But if you like a challenge the payoff is totally worth it. Plus the Hershey Kisses might inspire some real life ‘thank you’ kisses! Make me.

Happy baking, Collegiettes!

Photo Source: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Elizabeth Lundin

U Mass Amherst

Liz is just your typical Massachusetts girl who shamelessly loves riding her bike and Netflix. She's one of three as a triplet(two brothers complete the ensemble).Shes working on her major in Psychology at U mass.
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst