8 Reasons Why Living In a House of Girls Is The Best

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

One of the best things about college is living with your best friends. I mean, what is better than a house full of girls to hang out with all the time, laugh and have the best time? Whether you live with three other girls or eight like me, here are some of the best parts about living in a house full of girls:

1. There is never a dull moment.With different personalities, different likes and someone always home, there is never a dull moment in the house. There is always something going on or something to do.

2. They are the best to go out with.They know how to have the best time going out. They are funny, energetic and know how to have fun. Not to mention, the pregames are so good that sometimes you don’t want to leave the house to go to the party because hanging out with your girls is too much fun.

3. They are the best to stay in with.When the weekends get the best of you, they are there to relax on the couch and have a movie and wine night. (Except, picking a movie everyone can agree on is a little hard!)

4. The weekly TV shows you all watch.If your house is like mine, we live for Monday nights. We all gather around the TV in the living room, watch The Bachelor and root for our favorites. When it’s not Bachelor season, we all watch Keeping Up with the Kardashians. Everyone drops what they are doing and comes downstairs for the show. It’s fun bonding over something we all like.

5. There are other closets to raid.If you are like me, you never have anything to wear. Luckily, living with 8 other girls means 8 other closets of clothes to go through. You can wear a different outfit every time you go out!

6. There is always someone to talk to.If you ever want to hang out, talk and do nothing, there is someone always home to do the same. Sometimes you need that person to talk about everything to and living with a bunch of girls means getting a good opinion on what is going on. Happy or sad, they are always there for you.

7. The adventures.If you ever are bored and need to get out of the house, someone is right there with you to go on an adventure. Whether it’s going to Target down the street or a road trip to the mall, someone is always there to go with you.

8. The memories.There is nothing better than looking at fun pictures the next morning from the night before, laughing about what you did and looking forward to the next fun thing that happens. Because in the end, it’s the memories that we will always cherish living with our best friends.

Love your girl friends, Collegiettes!

Cover 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst