8 Delicious Dips to Make for Your Next Holiday Party

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

With final exams and the holidays fast approaching, one of the only things that might bring you out of this stressful funk is the knowledge that December will bring invitations to holiday parties with friends and family. My favorite part of attending my family’s annual holiday celebration is seeing what kinds of delicious appetizers are laid out on the table. Appetizers are perfect for filling you up, and sometimes they even inspire you to learn the recipes and make them yourself.

There’s nothing more satisfying than making an appetizer for a gathering and watching everyone enjoy it. My personal pride and joy is definitely my buffalo chicken dip, which I make for every occasion. For as long as I can remember, I’ve loved the process of making and then eating dips. Needless to say, I also love learning new recipes whenever I can. If you’re looking for something new to make to spread holiday cheer at your next party, consider making one of these!

1. Spinach-Alfredo Skillet Dip

You can never go wrong with spinach dip—it’s always a crowd favorite. This twist on a classic recipe includes alfredo sauce, and is not only nutritious (okay, maybe not), but also delicious! 

2. Pizza Dip

What better way to eat the amazingness of pizza and its cheesy layers than in dip form? Pizza is a guilty pleasure for most people, so this is sure to be a hit at your next party! This dish can be served with or without pepperoni.

3. S’mores Dip

For the sweet tooths out there, this dessert dip is perfect, and only takes 15 minutes to make. Beware: After trying it, you will just want s’more.

4. Guacamole Dip

Skip the lines at Chipotle and make your own guac!

5. Crab Rangoon Dip

This delicious take on the classic Chinese-inspired appetizer takes a new form. To top it off, it is best served with wonton chips.

6. Cheesecake Cake Batter Dip

This sweet dip is perfect for the dessert lovers in your life.

7. Cannoli Dip

This creamy number is not only delicious and decadent, but also super easy to make.

8. Buffalo Chicken Dip

This is by far one of my favorite dips, and in my opinion, it’s not a party without it! You can either use ranch dressing or blue cheese to achieve different flavors. I often sprinkle shredded cheddar jack over the top and melt it for a cheesy infusion. (Here is a lighter version of this dip).

Happy holidays—and happy eating!

Images/GIFs: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

Emma Sinclair

U Mass Amherst

Lover of Game of Thrones, musicals, Chipotle, and all things Disney.
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst