This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

College parties are filled with different types of kids. Regardless of what party you walk into this weekend, I’m certain you’ll find some characters there. But there seems to be a pattern of the kind of guys that Collegiettes see when they go out.

1. Mr. Too-Drunk-to-Function

There are at least one or two at every party. They usually come out of nowhere, whether it be via dancefloor or while you’re chatting with a friend. While you can only assume they are flirting with you, you actually cannot be certain because they are incoherent. You wind up just fearing for their safety and wonder how they’re getting home.

2. The High School Bigshot

I’m afraid there are far too many of these boys at college parties. You can often spot one wearing a shirt with his high school’s name, speaking of the time his soccer team made it to sectionals sophomore year. He talks about high school like it was yesterday (although he is a junior in college) and is usually seen with the same people he went to high school with. #nonewfriends

3. The Athlete

While college athletes are often depicted as crazy party animals on television shows such as Blue Mountain State, they actually tend to be pretty chill.  

5. Frat Boy Type A

This is your cliché frat jerk that thinks he’s hot stuff for being a brother of the fraternity and feels entitled to everything. He usually sports a cocky grin, which can be quickly lost if he does not get something he wants. These guys usually peak in college.  

5. Frat Boy Type B

While there are many Type A frat guys, I like to come to the defense of Greek Life everywhere and say that there are a lot of nice ones as well. These guys truly care for their brothers and want everyone to have a good time at the party.  

6. The Shy One

He is usually the one barely moving on the dance floor, with his drink firmly clenched in his hand. His friend will be quick to inform you that “he’s really shy” or that “this isn’t his scene,” as if you couldn’t figure it out by the nervous look on his face.  

7. The Stereotypical Freshman

This boy is the easiest to spot. He still has a baby face and beam of excitement once he enters a party. Although he is often a little too drunk or a little too clueless, he is usually very sweet.      

So now you’ve been warned, Collegiettes!

Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Lauren McLellan

U Mass Amherst

Hello! I'm a senior at UMass Amherst. I am an economics major and I love hockey, the beach, and Sex and the City!
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst