7 Reasons Why Andy Samberg is the Perfect Valentine’s Date

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

If any of you ladies out there are like me, Valentine’s Day isn’t exactly your favorite holiday. BUT – it is an excuse to indulge yourself in large amounts of chocolate that you will feel guilty about later, silently gag to yourself at all the gooey couples doting all over each other, and of course watch a marathon of chick flicks while cursing Rachel McAdams because she is perfection and always gets the guy that was clearly made for you.  

Enter the new dreamboat: Andy Samberg.

There is no one better to reflect these February 14th values. This man will treat you right by making you laugh and keeping things simple. Here is why the Golden Globe-winning star of Brooklyn Nine-Nine would be the perfect Valentine’s Date.

1. He’s not going to try and dazzle you with some expensive French wine that neither of you can actually pronounce the name of. 

2. Remember that time you thought you’d read something intelligent in case you needed to sound mature in a conversation? That’s okay you won’t need it.  

3. You don’t have to spend the night sweating over the idea of whether or not he likes you because he’ll be pretty blunt about it up front. 

4. He will take the time to serenade you with his beautiful voice. 

5. Grinding is sweaty and slow dancing is boring. Andy knows how to keep the dancing classy. 

6. Candlelit dinners and fancy restaurants are overrated. He’ll treat you right with a unique meal you simply can’t resist.

7. And to top things off, he’ll probably be wearing something like this…

Who’s your perfect Valentine’s date, Collegiettes? Let us know!

Hey all! I'm a sophomore here at UMass Amherst. I'm an English major and Education minor, and I'm psyched to be a part of Her Campus!
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst