7 of the Best Things About Fall Represented by Animals in Sweaters

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

The school season is starting, hot weather is turning cooler, leaves are changing color, seasonal drinks are coming back to stores—that can only mean one thing. It’s fall! Here are the best things about fall as represented by animals in sweaters:

1. The scents

We love the unique smell of the fall air, such as the crackling, musky scent of wood burning in a fireplace, the earthy scent of dried leaves crunching underneath your feet, and the sticky sweetness of maple tress. 

2. Fall fashion

Pull out those sweaters and leggings and throw those flip flops and shorts back in storage! That beautiful autumn breeze is back, meaning we can cozy up in comfortable clothing, fuzzy socks and boots. 

3. Foliage

Those leaves! Vivid colors are everywhere you turn—sunshine yellow, sunset orange and crimson red raining down around you in a movie-esque style. 

4. Seasonal drinks

The seasonal drinks are back in town! Pumpkin Spice Lattes? Check. Salted Caramel iced coffee? Check. Apple cider? Check.

5. The activities

There are more fun activities to do with your squad! Head over to an orchard to pick some apples or choose your favorite pumpkin. After that, you can jump on a haunted hayride and prepare for a scare. 

6. The holidays

The holiday season is right around the corner. Watch your favorite scary movie in preparation for Halloween. Then get ready for a feast—Thanksgiving is right after! And though Christmas is not actually in fall, the anticipation is still all around. 

7. The desserts

Run to the supermarket and pick up all those fall-inspired desserts when you’re craving the warm crust and tender apples of apple crisp, the creaminess of a rich pumpkin pie, the sugar-cinnamon taste of the apple cider donuts, or the subtle sweetness of autumn squash soup. The list goes on and on!

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Kathryn Fallah

U Mass Amherst

Hey there!  Thanks for visiting my page. My name is Kathryn and I'm a Journalism major at Umass Amherst. Some of my favorite things are Billy Joel, matcha drinks, and my four guinea pigs. 
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst