7 of the Best Pumpkin Painting Ideas That Are Creative Yet Simple

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Wow. How is it that time of year already? “Hocus Pocus” is playing nonstop on TV and every social media newsfeed is covered with pumpkin-related food, clothing or talk. Personally, this is my favorite time of year because of the creativity. There are so many ways to show your creative side during October, thanks to Halloween. There’s Halloween baking and snacks, costumes, and you can even show off your creativity with pumpkin painting.

While researching this article, I had no clue what I was going to find. What I can say now is that some people can truly turn pumpkins into works of art. If you aren’t the carving type, here are some pumpkin decorating ideas just for you.

1. Emoji Pumpkins

These are simple, yet so unique and clever. They’ll certainly get a laugh out of any visitors that knock on your door and see a pumpkin painted like that on your doorstep. Check out how to paint them here.

2. Pokemon Pumpkins

Now that Pokemon Go is all the rage, these pumpkins should definitely be a fan favorite. And look how adorable Pikachu is? 

3. Melted Crayon Pumpkins

Woah. These are amazing. I’ve done a melted crayon project on a posterboard, but I never thought to apply it to a pumpkin—luckily, someone has! These are actually simple to do, and the results are so cool. 

4. Galaxy Pumpkins

I know there must be some space fans out there. There’s galaxy-print everything nowadays—from hairdryers to leggings…and apparently pumpkins, too! Here’s how to make this psychedelic beauty.

5. Candy Corn Pumpkins

What is Halloween without candy corn? Whether you’re a fan of these treats or not, you have to admit these pumpkins are awesome! They are oh, so simple and super pleasing to the eye. Everyone will think you’re such an artist, but in reality, these pumpkins can take less than five minutes to prepare. 

6. Monsters Inc. Pumpkins

Who doesn’t love Disney? Well, now you can bring these spooky characters to your front porch through a simple painting act.

7. Donut Pumpkins

These are a little more advanced, but they look so real you could just drool. For all those sweets-lovers, here is a pumpkin made just for you.

Happy Halloween, collegiettes! Stay safe and be creative.

Images: 12345678

Kelly Capri

U Mass Amherst

I'm now a senior at UMass Amherst & started Her Campus my freshman year. I had just transferred from Clemson University in South Carolina and it allowed me to find friends immediately. HC also helped open myself up to a passion of mine - journalism and writing. Additionally, Her Campus helped me meet people who inspired me to get more involved on campus - which is why I joined Greek life as well as got a job for student activities and involvement. As sappy as it is, HC has changed my college experience in so many ways. Besides HC, I am a double major in journalism and biology, and work as a tour guide and for Student Activities & Involvement. I am the VP of Alumnae Relations of Sigma Kappa Beta Eta, involvement in a number of other organizations, and I love mozzarella sticks and Nutella (but not together!)
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst