The 7 Best Dressed Women Characters on TV

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Okay, Collegiettes, we all agree that one of our favorite aspects of TV shows is the fashion, right? There are a lot of women on TV who just know how to dress, and I put together a list of the ones that I think do it best. I may be a bit biased, because I do tend to prefer girly styles over others, so you might see that motif, but I certainly did try to be impartial.

7. How I Met Your Mother – Lily Aldrin (played by Alyson Hannigan)

Lily is known for two things on the show: her artsy, fun personality, and her ability to rack up debt by splurging on designer clothes she can’t afford. As an artist, she loves color, and is often seen in fun prints, and mixing and matching color. She’s often seen in fun tops and dresses, but sometimes tones it down with a slouchy sweater and boots.

6. Once Upon A Time – Belle (played by Emilie de Ravin)

Belle is girly and quirky, yet always looks put-together. She loves dresses and skirts, with a blazer on top. She likes to play with pattern and detail, but keeps it balanced with little jewelry. Her style is often a little quirky and certainly unique, but simple accessories keep it from being over the top.

5. Big Bang Theory – Penny (played by Kaley Cuoco)

Penny’s style is casual and girly with just a touch of sexy. She seems to have a collection of button-down shirts and basic tees, but she’s also often found in printed tops. Penny always shows variety. She wears prints and solid colors, is seen dressed up and dressed down, though she seems to prefer jeans and cute tee. And when she does dress up, she pulls out sexy, form fitting dresses that highlight her curves.

4. Revenge – Emily Grayson (played by Emily Vancamp)

While Revenge does take place in the Hamptons, and everyone looks amazing there, Emily keeps it classic and timeless. She’ll often drift to light colors and girly pieces, such as babydolls, and lacy items. She chooses simple, clean cuts over trendy pieces and keeps jewelry to a minimum.

3. Pretty Little Liars – Hanna Marin (played by Ashley Benson)

Hanna is the resident girly-girl on the show, often seen showing off designer duds – that she sometimes shoplifts. She usually balances a girly top or dress with a structured jacket, giving balance to her look. Bold jewelry is often also part of the outfit. Hanna’s outfits tend to be a mix of colors and prints, though she puts them together well.

2. Modern Family – Gloria Delgado-Pritchett (played by Sofia Vergara)

The Hispanic bombshell’s signature style on the show is simple and sexy. Solid color tops and dresses, and skinny pants are her staples. Even when she does chose a printed top, she still keeps every thing else simple. Her clothing is often on the revealing side, but hey, if you got it, flaunt it, and Sofia Vergara’s got it! She opts for deep V-necks and form-fitting clothes that show off her figure, and she loves her high heels. The solid colors, simple patterns and little jewelry keep her look sexy instead of showy.

1. The Vampire Diaries – Caroline Forbes (played by Candice Accola)

Alright, I may be biased making Caroline number one, since I have a serious obsession with TVD, but the girl’s got style. She’s always girly, but never over the top. Floral tops and printed dresses are her thing, usually paired with a jacket and simple accessories. She especially loves printed tank tops layered with cardigans. Like every other female character on this show, she seems to have an endless boot collection.

Tell us Collegiettes… who would you put on your list?

Irina Kovari

U Mass Amherst

I'm a senior marketing major at UMass, with a passion for writing and equal rights. I'm on MASSPIRG at UMass, drink too much caffeine, and eat too much chocolate.
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst