This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Believe it or not, summer is right around the corner. So, it is the perfect time to start curating your summer playlists. Let me help you get started. Here are six songs you need to listen to all summer long. 

“Levitating” by Dua Lipa

This song hits all the right notes for a summer anthem. It’s fun, upbeat, and perfect to dance to. The moment I turn on this song my mood is flipped, and I feel my problems melt away. 

“New Romantics” by Taylor Swift

With rumors Taylor will be releasing the rerecordings of her 1989 album this summer, I needed to add this song to the list. “New Romantics” is probably my favorite song off of 1989 and it has the perfect summer vibe. It is best enjoyed with all the windows down (sunroof too, if applicable) and the volume all the way up while cruising down any road.

And, if the rumors are true, make sure you’re listening strictly to “Taylor’s version.”

“Daft Pretty Boys” by Bad Suns

Maybe I’m biased, but I think this is one of the best summer songs. For the past few summers, this song has resurfaced in my Spotify playlists. It is perfect for all summer occasions. Honestly, Bad Suns’ entire Disappear Here album is meant to be listened to all summer long. 

“Hallucinogenics” by Matt Maeson

This song is ideal for driving down the freeway with your windows open. The song starts off slow and mellow but quickly picks up for a nice middle ground. 

“All Good in the Neighborhood” by Ethan Fields

Take the title to heart. This song makes me feel carefree and is reminiscent of spending time with friends in the glow of the sun. Which is exactly what summer is about. 

“A Kiss” by THE DRIVER ERA

The energy in this song is unmatched. It is upbeat, fast-paced, and passionate. When I first heard this song, I was shocked to find out it was sung by Ross Lynch and his brother Rocky. However, this dynamic duo created a song that is the perfect vibe for the summer.

These are only a few of the songs that I’ll be obsessing over this summer, and I hope you choose to give them a listen!

Samantha Butts

U Mass Amherst '23

Samantha is a junior at UMass Amherst studying English and Journalism. She enjoys reading, fashion, watching movies, thrifting, and going out with friends. She is passionate about women's rights, the environment, and politics.
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst