6 Reasons Why Walt Disney World Really Is the Happiest Place on Earth

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

A trip to Walt Disney World is not your average vacation. The second you step foot on Disney grounds, you truly enter a magical place. Disney World really is the happiest place on earth, and here’s why:

1. There’s something for everyone

Whether you’re young or old, I guarantee there is something for you at Disney. They have a huge range of rides, from big coasters like Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster and Everest to interactive adventures like Buzz Lightyear and Toy Story Mania, and everything in between. If you don’t like rides, there’s plenty of shopping, food, and shows to keep you entertained!

2. The environment

Disney excels in their ability to maintain a magical environment. There’s a reason why their employees are called “cast members.” When you enter a park, you leave the outside world. Disney goes above and beyond to remove anything that breaks the magic, you won’t see any dumpsters or parking lots or characters out of costume, you won’t see the inner workings of rides… there is literally a series of underground tunnels to maintain the façade.

3. It’s completely acceptable to let your inner child out

Actually, it’s highly encouraged. No one is going to judge you for your excitement or your sequined Minnie Mouse ears, regardless of your age. You can take pictures with your favorite characters, walk through castles, and even get a princess-worthy beauty treatment at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique!

4. The food

I have literally eaten my way through Disney. The food is amazing, and there is an endless amount of yummy snacks and desserts. You can experience different cultures’ foods in the World Showcase at Epcot, where they also host an annual Food and Wine Festival. With their creative genius, Disney even offers you the opportunity to “try the grey stuff” (it’s delicious) at the Beauty and the Beast themed restaurant, Be Our Guest, at Magic Kingdom.

5. The fireworks

Where else can you see top-notch firework displays every night? “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” runs nightly at Epcot, and “Wishes” at Magic Kingdom. If you haven’t seen either of these shows, I highly recommend you check out at least one, if not both, on your next trip!

6. The balance

Disney has found a way to maintain its classic stories and elements that everyone loves while also adding newer features as well. Ever expanding, I don’t think it’ll ever be possible to get sick of Disney.

What’s your favorite part of Disney, Collegiettes?

All photos courtesy of author

Jill Kuzeja

U Mass Amherst

UMass senior, equestrian, and lover of all things Disney.
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst