element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

6 Mother’s Day Gifts That Keep Giving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

I really love my Mom. Every year I put a lot of thought into what to give this amazing woman for Mother’s Day, but honoring just how great Mom is only one day out of the year never seems to be enough. So I decided, what better way to gift your giver of life than by giving her a gift that keeps on giving? Check out these ideas for how to thank your Mom on Sunday May 11th

Peel and Stick Frames – Wall Pops ($43)

My mom is super chic and is basically an amateur interior decorator. We have four kids in our family and that means LOTS of photos and she’s always looking for fun ways to display our memories. This black and white frame kit from Wall Pops is totally perfect for her with 16 frames that can be removed and repositioned all over the house. Every time she looks at our photos showcased in these frames she will remember just how much we love her!

No. 1 Mom Card – Sugar Paper ($6)

There’s something about the perfect card that is so special. Sure you can buy a flimsy 99-cent card from Wal-Mart, but if you’re going to write Mom a meaningful message, you want its presentation to be equally as beautiful as its contents. This card will surely be something your Mom keeps on her dresser all year long while she misses you when you’re away at college!

Magazine Subscription – Darling Magazine ($20)

“Darling is…the art of being a woman,” and my mom is the epitome of womanhood—she is a catalyst for positive change, she separates beauty from vanity, influence from manipulation, style from materialism, sweetness from passivity, she is Darling—what better way to remind her of that than with a subscription to the magazine that is not only good enough, but exceptional.

Charitable Donation – She’s The First (any amount)

My Mom really does have everything, and she would always rather give to others than receive, so really the perfect gift for her is a charitable donation. She’s The First sponsors girls’ education in the developing world with the goal of creating first generation graduates and the next generation of global leaders. Honoring your Mother’s legacy while helping another girl to create a legacy of her own? A+!

Beauty Box Subscription – Birchbox ($30-$110)

I’ll be honest, my Mom already has a Birchbox subscription because she’a hip like that, but my Mom loves her Birchbox subscription (except when I’m stealing her beauty products from her) and I bet your Mom would love one too! Sign your mom up to receive a monthly delivery of high-end beauty, grooming, and lifestyle samples that have been customized just for her!

Mother’s Day Taste Pack Cupcake Delivery – Crumbs ($24)

My first job was at a cupcake bakery and since then my family and I have developed this insatiable addiction to cupcakes—everywhere we go we try cupcakes, you could call us Cupcake Connoisseurs. Crumbs, by far, has the best cupcakes in the world. You may not be lucky enough to have a location near you, but fear not because, they ship! This gift may not keep giving all year long, but it will give about a dozen delicious times!

Happy Mother’s Day, Collegiettes!

Alexa Harrison

U Mass Amherst

Alexa Harrison is the President and Editor in Chief of Her Campus UMass Amherst as well as a Management Intern at the Her Campus Media headquarters. She is a Senior English major and IT minor with a specialization in Nonfiction Writing. In her free time, Alexa enjoys going to museums; drinking iced green tea; and playing around with Adobe Creative Suite.