6 Fashion Icon Styles to Emulate This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Whatever your style is, there is a celebrity fashion icon who you can look to for inspiration. Whether you opt for boho chic, business casual, meet-the-parents classy or Hollywood glam, these six celebrity women have their wardrobe down pat – and luckily, it’s totally easy for you to recreate their look.

#1 Nicole Richie

Nicole Richie’s style is boho-chic – a look that can transfer from season to season. Richie’s wardrobe staples are high waisted shorts, oversized shirts and cardigans, floppy hats , and edgy footwear. If you’re daring, cut your hair into a short bob with bangs – it’s a cut that looks good straight, curled or wavy. Urban Outfitters and H&M both offer a range of items that can be used to recreate Richie’s style.

#2 Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen

The Olsen twins used their acting chops to skyrocket into fame, but it’s their fashion that has kept them in the spotlight. Though both differ in their own personal styles, the twins share many of the same basic fashion items: oversized, dark sunglasses, peacoats, dark jeans, ankle boots and shirt dresses paired with belts. Mary-Kate and Ashley have their own clothing lines, Elizabeth & James and The Row, but their style can be emulated through more affordable New York & Company’s business-casual items.

#3 Selena Gomez

Selena’s style ranges from boho to flirty, using a number of wardrobe staples to create a look that is easy to recreate and make your own. Gomez favors skinny jeans, heels, flowy dresses, crop tops, maxi skirts and short shorts. Forever 21 offers all of these items in a variety of colors, prints, and fabrics.

#4 Taylor Swift

For girls with a more clean-cut fashion taste, Taylor Swift owns a look that is always classy and cute. Swift incorporates cardigans, conservative dresses, collared button-downs and striped shirts into her look, and adds an edge with red lipstick and a pair of Oxford shoes. H&M offers items that can pass for Swift’s signature looks at affordable prices.

#5 Miley Cyrus

Though Miley has taken a more provocative approach to her look, her older styles are everyday appropriate and super easy to recreate. Before the haircut that changed the Miley we all knew, Cyrus favored a top knot bun, combat boots, plaid shirts, loose shorts and off the shoulder tees. Her look can be pieced together using items from Forever 21 and Urban Outfitters.

#6 Kendall Jenner

Kendall Jenner has used her personal style to shine alongside her famous older sisters, the Kardashians. Jenner, a model, loves infinity scarves, Toms, boho-esque tops and jean jackets. Luckily, Kendall, alongside her sister Kylie, teamed up with PacSun to create a line of clothing that the sisters helped design – all for a college-friendly budget.

Stay fashionable, collegiettes!

Mariah Scafidi

U Mass Amherst

Mariah is a journalism major at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst. She minors in education and hopes to pursue a career in sports and entertainment journalism. She has a penchant for being overly dramatic about celebrities and athletes she doesn't know. You can follow her on Twitter @ryescaf.