5 Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas for the Special People in Your Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Who doesn’t like the warm and fuzzy feeling you get when you give a gift to someone you love? Stock up on those warm and fuzzy feelings this Valentine’s Day with gifts for the special people in your life. From sentimental objects to experiences that can turn into treasured memories, you’ll find enough inspiration to fill your entire February 14th with love!

For Your Best Friend

A cute gift for your bestie is a sentimental and wearable piece that doubles as a bonding activity. Making friendship bracelets or necklaces for each other is an affordable and fun way to spice up your accessory collection and show off your friendship! Don’t be afraid to get creative with the beads and colored string.

For Your Parents

Your parents work hard to give you unconditional love. Why not return the favor by giving them a sentimental day off? Gift them a pretty mug or picture frame set with photos of you together, or offer to do a few extra chores. They’ll be grateful for the extra helping hands and every time they drink coffee or tea, they’ll think of you!

For Your Siblings

No matter what type of people your siblings are, they will certainly adore a sweet Valentine’s Day treat. Try your hand at baking heart-shaped sugar cookies, or pick up some boxed chocolates to bring a sugary smile to their faces.

For Your Grandparents

A relaxing way to spend some “quali-tea” time with your grandparents is by hosting an afternoon tea session for them. Pick up some herbal teas in fun flavors like raspberry or strawberry along with some biscuits, and enjoy the light banter and healing conversations you will share together.

For Your Significant Other

No Valentine’s Day would be complete without showing affection for your S.O.! Don’t forget the cutesy flowers and chocolates, but also remember that there is nothing more precious than a shared positive memory. Plan a unique activity or excursion for you two to enjoy together. It can be as simple as sharing hot chocolate together on a park bench, or as exotic as a hot air balloon ride. Whatever you decide to do, pick something that you two can look fondly upon for the rest of the year!

Valentine’s Day can feel like a forced and pressure-inducing holiday, but it really does not need to be! Valentine’s Day can be a day to bask in the warmth of the support you have around you, and to give back to those who love you unconditionally. Gifts shouldn’t have to be expensive and extravagant for them to be appreciated and special. Enjoy the time you have with the special people in your life and create positivity and happiness with them.

Happy Valentine’s Day ❤️

Image 3 is courtesy of the Her Campus Media Library.

Vera Gold

U Mass Amherst '23

Vera is a senior communication major at the University of Massachusetts Amherst. She is the Facebook Coordinator of her chapter and loves writing about digital media, beauty, and entertainment.
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst