A 5 Step Dage Survival Guide

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Here at UMass we’re blessed with an extremely long winter with plenty of snow, so enjoying the outdoors on the weekends is reserved for April and May during spring semester. DAGE season is upon us… If you’re unaware of the meaning of the word DAGE or DARTY, let me enlighten you:

DAGER– (n) a combination of the words day and rager. Alcohol is usually consumed in an outdoor setting during warmer months of the year.DAGE (v)- to rage during the day. May or may not include games of beer pong as well as barbecuing food (can also be used as a noun).DARTY– (n) a combination of the words Day and Party.Synonym: “DAY-DRINK

Sun and alcohol can be a dangerous combination, so here are some tips to get you safely and successfully through your dage experience…

STEP 1:Wake up and make some breakfast. Drinking on an empty stomach is NEVER a good idea. Unless you want to get sick, get yourself to the dining hall and grab some protein, something bread-y and some fruit to top it off. Tip: Hamp OJ makes a great chaser.

STEP 2:Don’t forget your sunblock. If your looking for a tan, go for a lower SPF, but don’t skip out. Better to smell like sunblock than look like a lobster after standing around for 4 hours in the sun. You’ll also regret not wearing any when you’re peeling for weeks afterwards.

STEP 3:Pace yourself. This is the vital step to survive any dage. If you drink too much too early on in the day, you’ve ruined your chances of enjoying your afternoon. Just be smart, and know your limits. You’ll be drinking for an extended period of time so don’t overdo it in the beginning.

STEP 4:Don’t forget about drinking water, you don’t want to end up severely dehydrated. Water is your best friend always.

STEP 5:Stay safe, have fun and enjoy Dage season. The sun is shining and all rules that apply during weekend nights still apply during week days as well. You can still get written up, or questioned by the police if you have an open container. Be smart!

Additional Tip:If you do decide to go out the same night you dage, naps are invaluable and will do you wonders.

Sources: Header, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Lover of Journaling,Food,Nature &All Things Beautiful any and all social media outlets || k_dails
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst