jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Returning Shows We Can’t Wait to See Again

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

The most bittersweet season of the year is finally upon us. Summer has come to an end and autumn is here, and as the first week of school has come and gone, most of us are already looking for a reason to procrastinate our work. The return of fall means the return of our favorite shows and we’re all itching to see what happened since last spring.  

1. Scandal

The best and most anxiety-producing cliffhanger has to be awarded to Shonda Rhimes’ Scandal, starring the ever so talented Kerry Washington, as the “fixer” for the White House and other Washington D.C. politicians. The season three finale left us all shocked when the President’s son was murdered by Olivia Pope’s father, only as a ruse to help him win the presidential election. Meanwhile, Olivia is last seen boarding a plane with her former lover – and the President’s confidante – Jack Ballard, while the White House is in midst of a crisis and calls Olivia for help. We’re all dying to find out if Olivia’s going to get off that plane and help her favorite president through this personal tragedy. Be sure to tune in September 25 at 9 PM. 

2. Grey’s Anatomy

Grey’s Anatomy concluded it’s tenth season last May and is returning for it’s 11th season on September 25th, at 8 PM. This show has definitely kept us on our toes with bomb threats, hospital shooters, natural disasters, and plane crashes, yet last season’s finale was the most frustrating to date. Christina has left Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital to work in her own hospital in Switzerland, and her replacement as cardiothoracic attending is Meredith’s half sister. Meanwhile, McDreamy is recruited by the President of the United States on some top secret brain project and has to move to Washington D.C. What will Meredith do this season? 

3. The Vampire Diaries

Our favorite supernatural show returns this fall to answer some very important questions that have been troubling us since the spring. Last season concluded with all of our favorite vampires being sucked over to “the other side” in some dramatic fashion that seemed to imitate a natural disaster. But our talented witch Bonnie helps all her friends cross back over to the real world, and yet someone remains behind. What will Elena, Stefan, and Caroline do without Damon this season? The Vampire Diaries season 5 premieres October 2nd, at 8 PM. 

4. Castle

Attractive detective Katherine Beckett and her tag-along writer Richard Castle have finally decided to tie the knot after six long seasons. What happens on their special day? While on the phone with her fiancee, Kate hears him get into a car accident. The season ends with her on a bridge and Castle’s car in the river, on fire. Castle airs on September 29th at 10 PM, and I know that everyone’s dying to know if Richard is still in the car or if he has miraculously survived.  

5. Revenge

The beautiful and beguiling Emily Thorne, who is actually Amanda Clarke, is back once again and everyone can’t wait to see what kind of plans she has for all those who have wronged her. Her arch-nemesis Victoria Grayson has been responsible for all the pain and loss in Emily’s life: her father’s indictment and consequent murder and the murder of her lover. But the season ends in a way that might give some hope to poor Emily, who walks out of the darkness the last thirty seconds of the season finale, with her assumed to be dead father, David Clarke. With the loss of yet another man in her life, Emily/Amanda definitely needs some comfort before embarking on another journey of Revenge. Stay tuned on the September 28th at 10 PM to see what she has planned.

*All images are courtesy of Google*

Irene Tzelalis

U Mass Amherst

I am a junior at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst, majoring in Psychology. I was born and raised in Athens, Greece until I came to study in the United States. I have family from New York and Egypt and love different cultures. I have an obsession with clothes and wish I could have majored in Fashion. My hobbies range from online shopping, to reading, to swimming, but I absolutely love writing. I am so excited to be a part of Her Campus UMass.
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst