5 Reasons Why Being Close With Your Mom is Awesome

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.
When I was in middle school, one of my friends made fun of me for how close I was with my mom. I remember being so embarrassed, that for years I would hide how close the two of us actually were. This is until I realized how awesome it was…this was nothing to be embarrassed of – it was actually something to be proud of. Here’s five reasons why being close with your mom is an amazing thing: 

1. Endless Advice

Your mom is your WebMD, your Google, and your dictionary all in one. She’s the one that you go to for any problem no matter how serious or how embarrassing it is. She isn’t going to judge you and she has a lot more knowledge and wisdom than anyone your age.  

2. You Have a Role Model in Your Family

Most people have role models that they actually do not know: professional athletes, celebrities, and so on. Your role model lives under the same roof and you aspire to be just as great as she is.

3. Your Mom is Always There to Cheer You Up

When you’re having one of those days, your mom always knows how to make you smile. She typically can tell if you’re having a bad day whether you tell her or not and she’s going to make it her mission to turn your day around. Whether it takes a long talk on the phone or a funny text message, your mom will do her best to make you happy. 

4. You Always Have a Friend on Vacation 

Planning, packing, and traveling are only half of the fun that you have with your mom on vacation. Whether you’re skiing down a mountain or sipping on a daiquiri, it’s always a guaranteed fun time when you’re doing it with her!

5. She Will Always Be Honest With You

Let’s be real…your mom never wants you to look like a fool. She’s going to tell you the truth, even if it’s hard for you to hear and at the end of the day, you wouldn’t want it any other way.

Embrace your relationship with your mom, Collegiettes!

Photo Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst