5 Reasons to Be Excited for Demi Lovato’s New Album

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Guess what?

Demi Lovato’s new album, Confident, comes out TODAY. Here are some reasons to be excited about this release:

1. It has been far too long 

Demi’s self-titled album came out back in the spring of 2013. It’s been a long wait. Will our new favorite song be on this album? Will it give us new material to listen to on the treadmill? Will we be adding to our pregame playlist? The possibilities are endless.

2. Her artistic transformation

In a recent interview with Ryan Seacrest, Demi stated that this new album is a hybrid of rock and pop. She says that this album is fun: a new chapter, a new album, a new Demi. Now, I loved her old style, but I cannot wait for this new one to come out in her new music.

3. Confident is the name the album for a reason

She has been radiating self-confidence and self-love lately, and it’s so contagious. Along with her music, she posts Instagram pictures with tags such as “No Make-up Monday” and “Fresh Face Friday.” Not to mention that she casually posts sweaty pictures after the gym. If that doesn’t show confidence, then I’m not sure what does.

4. Her performance style

Demi has been sporting some insanely great outfits during her performances and appearances. Between the shoes, bathing suits, two-piece sets, and body suits, I’m honestly not sure which pieces I love the most. 

5. New music videos

Her hit “Cool for the Summer” came out this summer, introducing the world to the fun and sensual side of Demi. We can’t wait to see what her new videos have in store. 

Demi added some heat to our summer, and let’s hope she’ll add some spice to our fall. 

Photo Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst