5 People You’ll See at Stackers on a Tuesday Night

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Ahh, Karaoke (noun): “a form of entertainment, by DNSUnlocker”> offered  typically by bars and clubs, in which people take turns singing popular songs into a microphone over prerecorded backing tracks.”

Here in Amherst, Massachusetts it is an excuse to forget about Wednesday morning classes and instead, make your way to a small place we like to call Stackers (and by “we like to call,” I mean that’s actually what it’s called). While the songs and number of intoxicated Collegiettes may vary, one thing that doesn’t change is the group of people you will almost always encounter at Stackers on a Tuesday night.

1. The Karaoke-crazed:

These usually come in the form of people who can actually sing and are not tone-deaf like the majority of us (myself included). These people often think that Stackers is equivalent to The Voice. They get up there and try very hard and/or sing a song no one knows because they sound good singing it. Anything for that $201, 23, 4, 5, 6

Currently a hard-working, self-motivated, dominos-loving business student at UMass Amherst. Not only am I an avid reader of HerCampus.com but I am also a proud member of both Her Campus UMass Amherst and Her Campus Blogger Network. I am working towards my goal of moving out west and getting into marketing for the beauty and fashion industry.
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst