leaves converse fall sneakers ground
leaves converse fall sneakers ground
Jackie Ryan / Her Campus
Style > Fashion

5 of My Go-To Shoes For Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

I have a hard time saying if I am a shoe person or not. I like shoes. But I don’t like shoes in a Blair Waldorf sort of way. I like having cool things on my feet and to be comfortable, and that’s really it. For the fall time especially, I really like the collection of shoes I have. Each pair says a different thing about me, or I wear them for a specific reason. So here is a breakdown of my current shoe closet and what each pair says or means to me.

• Chuck 70 High Top Converse

To put it simply, my pair of high top Converse shoes brings me immense amounts of joy. That may be super confusing, but the feeling I have when an outfit pairs perfectly with my Navy Chuck 70s is indescribable. Normally Converse are uncomfortable for people who deal with plantar fasciitis like I do, but the Chuck 70’s provide extra comfort and support so that you don’t feel like your feet are on fire when you get home. I think Converse are multidimensional shoes that provide maximum comfort and style while also serving multiple looks. I can wear my high tops with athletic clothes to spice my outfit up, I can wear them with a dress to make my look more casual, or I can pair them with a funky pair of pants and jacket. I have found that in almost every year I have worn this specific pair of shoes, they have been my go-to for everything. This fall isn’t any different.

• Blundstones

As a kid who always leaned more towards sneakers growing up, wearing boots was always tricky for me. I had my Bean Boot era in high school, but quickly learned that wasn’t true Lulu fashion, so in my freshman year of college I opted for a pair of Blundstones Chelsea boots. Again, comfort is a huge thing for me and I was scared I wouldn’t be able to find a type of rain or snow boot that would provide both warmth and comfort. These boots, however, do. Disclaimer: I do have a pair of heated inserts inside the boots, but the sleek black look provides so much maturity to my outfits and allows me to spice up anything I am wearing. The rubber bottom also brings a casual and convenient side to them, and I have found that I can walk long distances in them if needed without any pain. 

• Tyler the Creator Golf Le Fleur Converse

I was able to grab a pair of the tan Golf Le Fleur Tyler the Creator Converse back in 2017 and have found that they are the perfect pair of low top sneakers for fall. The tan color, for obvious reasons, blends in well with earthy orange tones that flood my closet this time of year. In addition, they bring a stylish comfort to any outfit. The tan works well with fancy clothes if I need something last minute on my feet, but they can also work with any casual outfit. 

• Black and White Checkered Vans

As much as I have shown my love for Converse so far in this article, I can’t deny my love for Vans. I have three pairs of slip-on Vans and love each of them dearly. My go to pair in college have been my black and white checkered pair since they add a lot of fun vibes to basic outfits and match well with a lot of things. 

• Running shoes

Lastly, there is nothing like a good pair of running shoes. In order to maintain a healthy lifestyle in the fall and run both indoors and outside, my running shoes have been a crucial staple in my closet.

What are you wearing on your feet this fall?

Can’t get enough of HC UMass Amherst? Be sure to follow us on Instagram, listen to us on Spotify, like us on Facebook, and read our latest Tweets

Lulu Kesin

U Mass Amherst '23

Lulu is a senior double major in journalism and communications. Some of Lulu's passions include wearing patterned pants, dancing in the grocery store, watching coming of age movies and advocating for female equality in the sports industry.