This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

According to our calendars, fall is just a few weeks away. Now according to New England, fall is already here. But don’t sigh just yet, this doesn’t mean that the days of crop tops have to officially end. 

We still have until the end of September (maybe), to wear whatever we want with the help of a very important wardrobe essential…jackets. The great thing about jackets is that there are so many types out there to fit the style of every Collegiette! Pick your favorite one or get crazy, get one of each, and add a little change to your wardrobe everyday.

The Jean Jacket: A classic piece that every girl has had at least one of in her lifetime. If you still want to get a few summer pieces in before things get really chilly, a jean jacket goes great over dresses and rompers.

Old Navy Demin Jacket $34.94

The Leather Jacket: Ahh, the only kind of jacket that can take any Collegiette from studious to BADA$$ in a second – the only thing we’ll ever need. Oh, and some lipstick of course.

H&M Biker Jacket $59.95

The Utility Jacket: These were really popular last season, especially in camouflage print, stick with that trend or sport another cute version – whether it’s a different print or plain color.

Forever 21 Life In Progress Casual Hooded Jacket $32.80

The Duster Jacket: Don’t freak out, the word duster basically means maxi. It’s a thicker every day take on a kimono or maxi cardigan with the right amount of sass. This can be worn to both the office job and to class.

ASOS Duster Coat $114.26

The Bomber Jacket: This might become the new and improved leather jacket ladies, its been seen on both Kim Kardashian West AND Little Miss North. If Kanye allows his daughter to wear it, it has to be legit. It adds just the right amount of edge to a simple everyday outfit, so why not give it a try?

Urban Outfitters Urban Renewal M-1 Flight Jacket $179

*P.S. Just in case you wanted to melt a little more…here’s baby North in a bomber. You’re welcome!

Photo Credit: 12, 34

Ellanje Ferguson

U Mass Amherst

Ellanje Ferguson is a senior Journalism and Communications double-major at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst. She serves as the current Campus Correspondent-President and was the former Head Photographer and Social Media Director of Her Campus UMass Amherst. She has a large interest in writing, social media and fashion editorial work. She loves to write and give style advice! Aside from this, she enjoys blogging, listening to music, and of course - shopping.
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst