5 Iced Teas to Add to Your Bucket List This Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Iced teas are something I’ve been so obsessed with this year. It’s always refreshing to relax with a nice glass of iced tea. Here are some fun tea ideas to try this summer!

1. Matcha Latte 

Complete classic. I know people are matcha vs. iced coffee. But for the matcha lovers and new curious people, it’s definitely a go to. Also, the pretty color is definitely a plus!

matcha latte
Photo by John Beans distributed under a CC BY 2.0 license

2. Matcha Strawberry Latte

Most boba places or matcha cafes have this option to try. It is definitely a huge favorite among the crowd, and is very pretty. If you want to check it out in Amherst, Limered Teahouse actually has this.

3. Sparkling Butterfly Pea Tea Lemonade

Okay, so butterfly pea tea has the most gorgeous blue/purple color I have ever seen in an iced tea. It tastes bland, but it’s a 10/10 for looks (which is why it’s always infused with something — be it lemonade, matcha, thai iced tea, green thai iced tea, blueberry syrup, or rose syrup). Seriously, try them all; they probably taste amazing together and look fantastic. 

4. Thai Iced Tea

This is another one of those classics at boba cafes. To switch it up a bit, you can add some matcha, cold foam, or whatever works for you, honestly. @ispillice on Instagram has the most amazing tea fusions you could see. So beautiful, so good. Look her up, you will be inspired!

5. Green Thai Iced Tea

This tea is all the rage this season, and it’s taking us by storm. I’ve heard great things about it, and that it is the ultimate thai iced tea. So definitely give it a try! I follow someone on Instagram that sells the most amazing teas including butterfly pea tea, thai iced, green thai iced tea, several matcha teas, a whole boba bundle. She is amazing. Her Instagram handle is @oaklandteaco

Happy May! Cheers to a warm summer and your new tea obsession!

Sidrat Siddiqui

U Mass Amherst '22

Sidrat Siddiqui is a senior studying the world of Chemistry. When she isn't studying, you will find her drinking a cuppa matcha, sleeping for inordinate amounts of time, and spending late nights reading books.
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst