This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Imagine having a celebrity for a bestie! You get to experience their professional, career-oriented side as well as their goofy and silly side! Here’s my list of five women in the spotlight that I would love to take to brunch!

1. Mindy Kaling

Let’s start this list off strong with the queen of the comedy world, her royal LOL-ness; Mindy Kaling! Her comedic timing and clever remarks are just too good to be true! From starring as Kelly Kapoor in The Office to directing the popular Netflix show; Never Have I Ever, Mindy has never once failed to put a smile on my face! She’s the perfect addition to a Sunday brunch with the gals!

2. Anna Kendrick

Anna Kendrick is the ultimate sarcastic soulmate! How perfect is she as the snarky and sassy Beca in Pitch Perfect? Whether it’s her amazing chemistry with other female celebs or her hilarious impression of Kristen Stewart, she’d be the perfect companion for some witty banter! Also, fun fact: Anna attempted to be part of the K-Pop group, f(x), for a day!

3. Vidya Balan

All my Bollywood fanatics, gather round! Vidya Balan is that girlfriend that you absolutely love to death and aspire to be like! She broke the box that female Bollywood actors are often forced into by starring as the main lead in controversial films like The Dirty Picture, and Kahaani. She’s not afraid to be herself in interviews and always nails it with her amusing comments!

4. Deepika Padukone

My favorite Bollywood actor of all time! Deepika is definitely the “mom” of the group! She’s always poised and put together and is always ready to give you a pep talk! She broke so many gender roles and stereotypes by starring as the main lead in Piku and Chhapaak

5. Zendaya

Would this list really be complete without Zendaya? She’s super genuine, entertaining, and downright hilarious! As much as I love her role as Rue in Euphoria, I absolutely adore how she nails playing the awkward teen in Marvel’s Spider-Man! She’s the type of friend I could go stargazing with and chill in comfortable silence.

Which of these amazing women are you dying to have as a BFF?

Can’t get enough of HC UMass Amherst? Be sure to follow us on Instagram, listen to us on Spotify, like us on Facebook, and read our latest Tweets

Pooja Panuganti

U Mass Amherst '24

Pooja is a sophomore business major and YA romance books are her guilty pleasure!