5 Easy DIYS to Transform Your Room Into Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

When it comes to spring in New England, often times it conjures up images of a gloomy, slushy, allergy-filled mess rather than images of a season that’s bright and full of blooming flowers. Nevertheless, spring can be incredibly beautiful and here are some easy DIY projects to add some fun, seasonal-inspired color to your dorm room! 

1. Fruit Welcome Mat

With spring around the corner as well as the torrential downpour, walking all day around campus is sure to attract tons of mud on the bottom of your boots. As a way to infuse some color in your dorm and a place to clean off those boots, why not upscale an Ikea circle rug into fun wedges of fruit? For more information, check out the full blog post here!

2. Moss Coasters

Tired of the circle water-marks that cups leave behind on your table? Try this easy DIY for a moss-covered coaster using only a moss mat, some modge podge, and some cork coasters here.

3. Washi Tape Cables

A great way to keep your cords organized is to label them with different colored washi-tape decorations in addition to these cute metallic snap-clips to prevent them from tangling with each other. For more information, head on over to Design Love Fest here

4. Floral Letters

These are a new way to personalize your dorm door other than the usual whiteboard for people to leave messages on. These cute floral letters are reminiscent of spring but won’t die on you all too quickly like real flowers will. If flowers aren’t your thing, you can try yarn, re-purposed books, etc. For more ideas, head on over here

5. Spring Flower Garland

If the whole fairy lights trend isn’t your cup of tea or you just want to switch it up, why not add some spring in your room through these colorful tissue paper flower garlands? It’s easy enough that the only equipment you’ll need is a pair of scissors! Check out the DIY here at Alpha Mom’s blog. 

Which one was your favorite, Collegiettes? If you try any of these out, make sure to tag us with pictures of your creations on Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest!

Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Julie Hua

U Mass Amherst

Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst