5 Arguments You’ve Had With Your Sister

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

For those of us with brothers or sisters, we know that siblings can be both a blessing and a nuisance. For those of us with sisters (older, younger or twin), we are all familiar with the days we wanted to pull their hair, give them the silent treatment, or pretend like we didn’t know who they were. These are five arguments most of us have probably had with our sisters.

1. Bathroom privileges

You’re doing your hair and promise it will take only five more minutes but she barges in to brush her teeth before you even finish speaking.

2. Favorite child

You’re pretty sure you’re the favorite child because Dad bought you ice cream that time while he didn’t buy it for her, but she says she’s the favorite child because Mom lets her ride shotgun and makes you sit in the back everyday.

3. Liking the same boys

Technically, you get to like him because you introduced the band to her.

4. Passive aggressively taking pictures of her

“Okay, but after I take pictures of you, you’ll take pictures of me, right?”

“Yeah, sure, just hurry up before the sun sets.”

5. Actual fights

It probably started because of something stupid, but we all remember that one time we’ve hit our sister (and apologized profusely afterwards).

We still love our sisters, though. And we would never actually hate them…no matter how much we say it. We know how incredibly lucky we are to have them by our sides and in our hearts.

Images/GIFs: 1234567

Resist, insist, persist.   Dogless dog lover, aspiring person of importance. Perpetually lost between the worlds of Asia and America. But I like it here. And the food's good, too.   BC '20 
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst