Mental Health Hub Hero
Mental Health Hub Hero
Rebecca Hoskins / Her Campus Media

5 Amazing Women Who Inspire Me Every Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

In honor of this week’s theme of “Girls Rule,” I wanted to reflect on five amazing women in my life who inspire me every day. To be honest, I considered writing about influential social figures who inspire me, but I thought it would be more meaningful to talk about a few of the women who have helped shape me into who I am today.

Mumma

To begin with, my mom has inspired me since the day I was born! She has the biggest heart and always puts others before herself. She inspires me to treat everyone with love. My mom is the strongest and most beautiful woman I know. She supports me and my decisions and always tells me to believe in myself. I couldn’t be more grateful that I get to be her kid. I love you, Mumma!  

My Little Sister, Aditi

Another person who inspires me is my younger sister, Aditi. Even though she is almost six years younger than me, I look up to her every day. She is brave, confident, and determined. She is my biggest cheerleader and inspires me to be compassionate towards my family, friends, and all animals. She is my best friend for life, and I am so thankful for her! 

My BEST Friend HALFWAY ACROSS THE WORLD, Shraddha

You know when you play that one song, and everyone in the room instantly starts singing? That energy is Shraddha. Shraddha is smart, fierce, and hands down the funniest person I know. She inspires me to give 200% to all that I do and to always strive to be better than I already am. Even though we are 8,154 miles apart, I know that she’ll always be there for me. When I count my blessings, I count her twice.

My CHILDHOOD best Friend, Meghana

Meghana and I were neighbors for five years until I moved to India. Naturally, we grew apart during high school, but we somehow ended up at the same college. It baffles me how she came into my life almost a whole decade later and absolutely nothing has changed between us. We are the same two inseparable girls from kindergarten. Meghana inspires me to stand up for what I believe in and not let other people take advantage of me. She is my rock. 

My Friend FROM UNI, Affaf

The last, but certainly not the least, woman who inspires me is Affaf, my crazy Pakistani best friend. I know that I can go to her with any problem and that she will always give me honest advice. Affaf inspires me to live life day by day and make the most of every opportunity I get. She is the life of the party and always lights up a room when she enters it.

Black Girl Beauty Landing Hero Image
Adebusola Abujade / Her Campus Media

All these women constantly inspire me, motivate me, and influence me. They have laughed with me and cried with me. They are women who I would be lost without. I think it is important to look more closely at everything that is around us to find something brilliant in the awe-inspiring ordinary. I encourage you to take a few minutes out of your day today to tell an important woman in your life what she means to you.

Can’t get enough of HC UMass Amherst? Be sure to follow us on Instagram, listen to us on Spotify, like us on Facebook, and read our latest Tweets!

Anumeha Rajvanshi

U Mass Amherst '23

Anumeha is a senior studying Biochemistry & Molecular Biology and Neuroscience. In her free time, you'll find her fueling her shopping addiction, jamming to Blackbear and Bazzi, bullet journaling, or discovering new restaurants. She is also a research assistant at Richardson's Lab, President of Nu Rho Psi National Honor Society in Neuroscience, and General E-board Member of the Biochemistry Club.