etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

4 Cute and Fun Outfit Ideas For Your Valentine’s Day (Or Night) Out

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Ah, New England weather, where the summer seems to last one month and winter takes forever. And not to mention the unpredictable forecasts where it’s nearly 50 degrees on Tuesday but 20 degrees on Wednesday. But the weather shouldn’t stop you and your boo from enjoying a fabulous Valentine’s Day. Here are some fun and cute outfits that are ideal for that special day and or night out.

1. Rustic Lace Dress With Belt

This super flirty dress is ideal for any Valentine’s day or night out. It can be paired with tights (or if you’re feeling bold, bare legs) and ankle boots. To cover up you can also throw on a solid colored cardigan or denim jacket, it’s totally up to you. You can even accessorize with a simple charm necklace and one or two rings on your fingers. Simple but chic.

2. Skater Skirt and V-Neck Sweater

Skater skirts are super fun and the short cut can be very sexy. Tights can also come in handy when wearing this. You could pair a skater skirt with either a crop top or with a cute V-neck sweater that you could either tuck in or leave out. Ankle boots or flats can be worn and a bold necklace could really spruce up the look. Edgy and sexy.

Skinny jeans are very flattering, and experimenting with colors instead of denim can make for a very cool outfit. Try pairing some colored skinny jeans with a top or sweater that is within the same color pallet. A denim jacket could also work when it comes to wearing colored jeans. This outfit has endless possibilities when it comes to shoes and accessories. You could do flats, ankle boots, or even a high boot, the choice is yours!

4. Velvet Leggings

Besides just being comfy, leggings can also make for a hot outfit. Whether it’s a solid-colored legging or printed or even a pair with cutouts, leggings can be very versatile. This velvet pair of leggings can be worn with a cute pullover sweater or just a T-shirt and your favorite cardigan. The velvet makes the outfit feel edgy and your date will definitely want to take a feel of it. Any shoe can be worn with leggings from a casual sneaker to a fancy wedge.

The best part about these outfit ideas is that it’s completely up to you to decide how you want to style yourself. You can choose to show leg or cover up with some tights or decide between boots or flats. Whatever you decide to put on, just be sure you do it with confidence because that is the sexiest thing you can wear. Happy Valentine’s Day, Collegiettes!

Sophmore Journalism major at UMass Amherst. Member of the Not Ready For Bed Time Players theater troupe. I love eating, watching movies, and having fun.
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst